What's new

What's the best connection? (1 Viewer)

I have my Sony 670D connected to my Onkyo 595 through the optical input connection. I use it for listening to CD's. However, I'm about to enter the relm of DVD.
Do I connect my DVD player directly to my TV via the
S-Video connection, or do I connect it to the S-Video input on my Onkyo, and then use the Onkyo S-Video output to connect it to the TV?
Does one have an advantage over the other?
Thanks

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
Your best bet is to run S-Video directly to the TV without going through your AV Receiver because it will sometimes downgrade the signal. Most receivers do to some extent.
Kevin C. :)

SamRoza

Stunt Coordinator
There won't be any noticeable downgrading of the picture if you connect your DVD up to your Onkyo at all. The bonus of this is that if you have several Svideo sources, and most TVs have only one Svideo inputs, your Onkyo will do the switching for you.
Sam

Hubert

Second Unit
I always like to go the direct route as that is always the best way to go in terms of signal quality. Even if your receiver doesn't degrade the signal, the direct route is always best, even if it can sometimes be a pain in the butt.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Steve, go directly to the tv with it if you can...
- Chip
------------------

dougW

Stunt Coordinator
Unless your Onkyo boasts "Broadcast Quality Video", there WILL be degredation to the video transmission. (Few receivers have this) For the audio side, get yourself a 75 ohm digital coax for the audio side. It should make for a smoother sounding connection.
Lex
------------------
Lexman's Theater

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks