What's new

What's the best cheap online DVD retailer? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I've been using Deepdiscountdvd.com for about 3 months and I love them. But is there anyone that can beat their prices and service elsewhere on the web? Thanks.

~Kevin

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Deep Discount DVD is wonderful but they don't carry everything, nor are they always the lowest (but most often they are). That Dvd Price Search is a very handy site.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
For me shipping costs make or break a retailer. I never order from DVD Planet because they won't allow you to hold or ship pre-orders together. So even though everything is 30% off (pre-orders), the $2.95 shipping charges per shipment end up making them way too expensive.

I pretty much use DeepDiscount & DVD Empire. They consistently have the best shipping prices around.

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
This probably belongs in the Retailers Feedback forum, but I'll throw in my two cents. I almost always use DeepDiscountDVD.com and Buy.com. I advise everyone to stay away from Playcentric.com -- although their prices are very good, their customer service is terrible if you need to return a disc.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I've had to cut back on my DVD purchases lately, but I generally use either DeepDiscount or DVD Empire. Since I am in Illinois I have to pay sales tax and the $1.30 charge for shipping at DVD Empire sometimes makes the price cheaper for me. I have gotten good service from both companies.

James Stone

Auditioning
Deep Discount is my preferred vendor, but their stock isn't as comprehensive as, say, BestPrices.com. But while both venues offer great prices/customer service, only Deep Discount has equitable shipping (free, if that's your choice).

I also like/use DigitalEyes.com for Image releases; they're very dependable and, since they're a smaller enterprise, personable. But now that Deep Discount is going to carry Image discs--as of the end of this month, according to a rep with whom I spoke--I'm sure I'll be using them even more.

A vendor that I never thought that I would endorse--a bad experience a year ago--but now love is DVD Express. They've had so many great sales of late that I've purchased over 40 titles--and the shipments, to a one, arrived in no more than three days (west coast to east). I still wouldn't use them for pre-orders, but in-stock items are another matter.

And if you want to combine DVDs with books and music, look to AllDirect.com. They were the first online vendor I used and, while their shipping can be a little high, they're dependable and generally well-stocked on hard-to-find items. They carry a lot of Euro-movie CD soundtracks and that's where I got the recent Andy Milligan bio.

When you get right down to it, I use a wide variety of online vendors--because I buy A LOT od DVDs--but my heart belongs to Deep Discount.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
The reason I was so hesitant to use the dvdpricesearch.com is because of a bad experience with playcentric.com. I assumed all online retailers were like that. Until I found deepdiscountdvd.com.

~Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread