What's new

What's the best book describing DVD? (1 Viewer)

Bart

Stunt Coordinator
I wasn't sure which area to post this in, hopefully I chose the right one. I'm looking for a good book on DVD and I was wondering if anyone here could recommend or ust comment on any of the following books:

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About DVD - Jim Taylor
DVD Demystified - Jim Taylor
Ultimate DVD - Peter M Bracke
The Digital Bits Isiders Guide to DVD - Bill Hunt, Todd Doogan

I know there is a 3rd edition coming up for DVD Demystified and that EYWTKADVD is a printed edition of the DVD FAQ. Any further information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Bart

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I haven't read any of these, but I am thinking of picking up: The Digital Bits Isiders Guide to DVD - Bill Hunt, Todd Doogan
I love their site and I'm sure I'd like the book.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I can't speak for the others, but Jim Taylor's 'DVD Demystified' is an excellent resource. It has everything you could want to know about the format with a DVD included as well.

Adam

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
If your looking for in-depth technical analysis of how the DVD format works, got for DVD DeMystified. Otherwise, go for the bits book.

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator
The "Bits" book is excellent . I've never seen the 'Ultimate DVD" book. Does anyone have more info on that book ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks