What's new

What's the best 65 inch TV? (1 Viewer)

Mike Bassi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Bassi
Hey guys. I am looking for the best picture on a 65 inch TV. Which ones do you guys recommend? Price vs cost as well.

Thanks in advance.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
i have looked at the Samsung LCD 65 inch. Uneven backlighting is a BIG problem with that set ... at least for me. If you like your picture big and bright, it might be ok, but watching it in a less vibrant mode major uneven backlight become apparent. At $6,000, i was very disappointed.

JohnRa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Needham
I'm also interested in opinions on this. Maybe a Panasonic 65" plasma or the Samsung 63" plasma (B590). Help would be appreciated. Right now I am getting by with a 13" tube set after my 36" Sony failed. That has been a major adjustment.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Mitsubishi DLP is the best bang for the buck, by far! Model WD-65737 has a lot of great features, is smoother than even the latest 240-htz LCDs, and at a mere 16" depth, you can probably set it on a shelf. It can be had for between $1199-1399, depending on where you look. Compare to the price of a similar size flat panel, and you get the picture--literally!

Stingray8

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
I've never noticed the backlighting issue with the samsungs. I actually prefer the samsungs for the "prettier" picture (more contrast/saturation) but realistically, its not true calibrated color. I'm a photographer so I really enjoy the extra pop the saturation/contrast gives.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
The tech who came to investigate my complaint was surprised as well. Usually he has nothing against Samsung. Two televisions of the same model (LN65B650) had the same problems.

Joe Valha

Stunt Coordinator
I am also interested in opinions here. My almost 7 year old Mitsu 65" RP is fading and now that I just picked up the LG390 Blu Ray, I'm itching for 1080p. My trusted home theater guy is heavily recommending the Panasonic TC-P65V10. Room doesn't work with a projector so I'm looking at plasma. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks