What's the best 43' Widescreen HDTV to buy right now.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marcello, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Marcello

Marcello Auditioning

I know,you guys don't like this kind of question...

Best

Better

Cheaper

etc...

But,I've seen so many,got very confused,don't know which one to get,but must be 43',because I don't have enough space.Should I buy locally or online ?

Thanks

2. David Connor

David Connor Auditioning

Well first, I have yet to see a 43 foot TV, but I do own the Hitachi 43" (inch) Wide-screen, and have had it for almost a year and I love it! Have yet to have anything bad to say about it. I am in the same boat as you, it had to incorporate into our living room so I couldn't go too big....yet...hahaha...hope this helps. I bought mine after searching this forum for info about it. I would stay away from the Panisonic set....there is your cheaper set in quality. If you want to buy panisonic, but a electric razor..i hear they work ok...

3. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Many think that the Pioneer Elite models are the best (in terms of picture quality) currently available. I don’t know if they make a 43” model. There are many others who opt for the Mitsubishi Diamond series (also don’t know if they come in a 43”) model.

Neither would meet anyone’s test of ‘cheap’.

4. Lee Petty

Lee Petty Stunt Coordinator

toshiba 42h82, can be had for about $1700 at best buy right now.
    42 inch wide, hd-tv ready, great picture quality.

plus right now you can get it with 18months free financing on your best buy card.

5. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

The Hitachi 43" 43FDX15B can be had for $1500 at circuitcity. It's a great set. It's 4:3, and i don't like 16:9 because when watching regular TV, you waste alot of screen real estate. 5 years down when all signals are HD and most programs are in 16:9, i might see it, but not yet. I have the 43FDX10B, which is the same set, except the 43FDX15B has "Magic Focus" which is Hitachi's automatic convergence calibration, which would be a nice featrue and i wish was on mine, but i'm not gonna get a new TV because of it. HD Signals look great on it, although i've only seen them a few times when demoing it. Progressive scan dvd is also very very nice and a large step up from interlaced.

If price is a big issue and you aren't dead set on having 16:9, the 43FDX15B is probably a good way to go.