What's new

Directors What's the absolute worst movie you've ever seen? (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
BATTLEFIELD EARTH is up there, but is so campy I can't hate it, colorful effects and Travolta and Whitaker were so hilariously OTT, sublimely awful.
Jaws the Revenge and Superman IV were absolute pants, so was Batman & Robin "cool it birdboy", eek!
Robin Williams wins top prize for starring in more dreck than [whisper the name] Kevin Costner.;)

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
Gotta give it to Manos, mind-bogglingly awful.
OTOH, Batman and Robin had a $100 Million +++ budget to work with, and look what happened? Which movie is the bigger crime?

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
So many candidates, so little time. A few movies that vie for the title.

Soul Man - the most offensive, unfunny, racist suck-fest in history.

Pokemon the movie - Had to suffer through this while watching a friend's kid. To quote Mr. Cranky: "so god-awful that it ruptured the fabric of space-time with the sheer force of its mediocrity."

Luc D

Second Unit
the worst movie is Cries & Whispers
Oh come on! If it was up to me you wouldn't be allowed to watch films anymore. ;)
Of course the worst films are easy to pick. Old cheesy science fiction and horror movies from the fifties will always be worse than whatever Hollywood releases, no matter how bad they are.
But those films never really angered me, they just made me laugh. So I'll consider the worst films to be those that left me angry and shaking my head in disbelief. So for me the worst offenders in that respect are The Patriot and Forrest Gump.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
The Shining mini-series version :thumbsdown:
a few runners up
-Beyond Rangoon
-Rudy
-The Rock
-Link Removed , two people on the IMDB gave it a 10 star rating :laugh:

Mitty

Supporting Actor
The worst theatrically released movie I've ever seen, in its entirety (you're seriously asking a lot if you want to include made-for-TV movies), is...
Tank (1984) starring James Garner.

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Has anybody seen Adrenalin: Fear The Rush? That movie, and The Omega Code, almost made me physically sick......

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Without listing a specific example, I think it is safe to say that many of the movies shown on MST would have to qualify here!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I clearly stated that Cries & Whispers was worst using the boring criteria. Let's put it this way. If there was only one film I've seen where I could go back and get those two hours of my life back and never have any memories of it, it'd be Cries & Whispers for me. And frankly, even though I'm aware that there are far worse films (in terms of production quality), I've never seen any of those in their entirety. If I had to name the worse movie I've seen in it's entirety then it'd be Cries & Whispers. Feel free to use that against me in the crack tournament if you'd like, but ain't no way I'm going to stop watching the thousands of good movies that I love. :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Citizen Kane
2001: A Space Odyssey
Raging Bull
GAWRSH! They're all so boring!! Gimme The Garbage Pail Kids Movie or Meatballs Part 2 any day, and leave the cin-a-ma for the feelm critiks. ;)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
No one here has even begun to touch the worst that cinema has given us--though Rob Tomlin points us in the right direction by mentioning the films shown on MST3K.

Has no one here seen The Robot Monster--with said robot being a man in a gorrila suit and wearing a fishbowl for a helmet?

How about my favorite: 1960's 12 to the Moon? At it was skewered on MST3K.

Then there is American International's invaluable catalog of badness--The Giant Gila Monster, The Beast With a Million Eyes, and so on.

Ed Wood's body of work, of course, is in a category of its own.

Really, the 1950s and the early '60s are a goldmine of breathtakingly bad movie-making.

Oh, and don't forget Zontar: Thing From Venus.

bob_andrew

Auditioning
Well i can honestly say the worst movie i ever saw was
" Me, Myself and Irene" . which was dissapointing because i think Jim Cary is funny . but the movie was slow to get going and really wasn't that funny .It was the first movie i ever walked out of at the theater.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
It's a tie
The Evil
- the only cool part was seeing some chick getting her clothes ripped off to bras and panties. Even than, this movie was an exercise in things NOT scary.
Batman & Robin
- The franchise went from being about the Dark Knight to that campy T.V. monstrosity.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, obvious lack of some form of smilie up there.

Which means Jack was taking a straight-faced shot at me there?

I post too often? My posts are too verbose? What could it mean?

You've made a very insecure Sunday for me here, Mr. Briggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks