What's new

What's that song called? (1 Viewer)

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
There's so many songs i hear from movies and trailers and i dont know there names and it drives me insane, here's a few.

what's that song called in the "the clearing" trailer?

whats that song called in finding nemo they play after marlin finds nemo's egg and then they show the Finding Nemo title?

Are there any sites that are bent on telling people what these kinds of songs are called?

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
i found that on google, are those actually soundtracks that i can buy at the store or what cause alot of them doesnt help me find the specific song, and there's still the questions about the songs In the movies.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
That part of soundtrack.net lists the music heard in the trailers for the movies. As to the names of the songs from the actual movies, the best way to find out is to get the soundtrack from the library or buy it used/new and listen to it, because sometimes soundtracks aren't put in chronological order, and some parts of the soundtracks aren't included on CD. Another way is to go to Amazon and go to the page of the soundtrack, and see if it's in one of the samples. Soundtrack reviews might mention what part of the film the music is from, here are some good soundtrack review sites:

www.cinemusic.net
www.filmtracks.com
www.soundtrack.net/reviews

As to soundtracks that you can buy in the store, just go to Amazon and search for soundtracks that you want. If they have it, you might be able to get it at your local Best Buy or record store, but if they don't have it, you probably won't be able to find it anywhere, unless it's out of print, in which case, you might be able to find it used at Amazon Marketplace or at a (used) record store.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
another good trick is to search google groups. Enter the movie name the word trailer and song or music and usually you can dig up a usenet thread with the song from the trailer. Worked many a time when I was in college (most notably Emminence Front by the Who in the Timecode trailer and I'd Love to Change The World by Ten Years After in the Virgin Suicides trailer).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks