What's new

Whats Stopping Beauty & The Beast? (1 Viewer)

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
I could be wrong, but did I hear there was a certain reason why they havent put out Beauty & The Beast on DVD? I assume that with the success of cult 80s shows on dvd (i.e. Sledge Hammer!) that it would be successful? Whos with me?

Chad

MattHR

Screenwriter
IMDB.com lists the production company as Republic Pictures. I don't believe they exist anymore. Republic did release a few volumes on VHS and laserdisc under their own label in the early 90's. The Republic video library was acquired by Artisan, who was then acquired by Lion's Gate.

I believe the current Lion's Gate video library was formed by remnants of at least these former video entities: Republic, FHE, IVE, Live, Thorn/EMI, Vestron and Artisan.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Does Lion's Gate do much TV on DVD? And are they willing to let other companies distribute their products (like Anchor Bay or Shout! Factory)?

This show is one of my big hopes for a TV DVD release. There have certainly been shows more obscure than this that got a release. Plus, given that it has both romantic and action/fantasy content, I'd think it could appeal to a decent audience.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Properties formerly owned by Republic have ended up at different places. I can think of items that ended up with Paramount, others at Lions Gate, others at Warner and/or HBO, others at independant little houses. So I think it depended on what Republic's involvement and license deal was to decide where the property ended up.

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Let's hope it didn't end up at Lion's Gate. They do a piss poor job on tv releases IMO. With one exception, Dead Zone.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Matt, Moonlighting was pretty good as well, but I still think Dead Zone is the best thing they put out (I was chatting with the DVD producer today - he's in Vancouver shooting S4 stuff).

Gord

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I've always been puzzled as to why there's been no noise at all about this show coming out. It had a RABID cult audience who I expect would leap at the chance to own the series - or, at least the episodes up until
Catherine dies.

Somebody somewhere is leaving money on the table.

John*D

Second Unit
LG has been good in releasing the original TMNT cartoon at a great price! I wonder how they'll handle the remaining seasons which have a considerably large # of episodes per season compared to the first two seasons...

----

I'm sure Beauty and the Beast would sell well enough to warrant release on DVD!

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
XXXXXXXXXXXXX has a two-volume, 10-disc "best of" collection which boasts complete, unedited episodes for $99.99. As tempting as this is, I am still holding out for the complete series.

Website name removed by moderator; do not repost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks