What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (3 Viewers)

JimMiller

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim Miller
Last night it was Columbia's 1958 "Night of the Demon" with Dana Andrews. This would be a great BD along with 1944's "The Uninvited", made at a time when less was more. Both films are (IMHO) beautifully shot and new hi-def masters would only enhance these classics. Here's hoping!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
My weekend was kind of crazy (daughter's graduation, Canada Day), but I did manage to squeeze in another viewing of Mimic: The Director's Cut. In spite of Weinstein meddling, it's still a good, fun, creepy bug hunt flick.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Westerns, including The Tramplers, The Gun Hawk, Massacre River, Powder River, and Western Union.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't always get to plan ahead on my viewing...but I'm sure I'm going to be spinning up 1776 at some time in the next couple of days.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Not a complete list yet. But do know aboutThe ProducersYankee Doodle DandyPossibles: 1776, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, portion of Holiday InnPlus listening to Stan Freberg "United States Of America"

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
It was going to just be Gettysburg and Gods and Generals, but now I have received my blu rays of Tootsie and The China Syndrome so I HAVE to give those a spin!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I FINALLY got to Argo last weekend. Very enjoyable suspenser; Affleck definitely should have been nominated for Best Director. I think had I been a voting member of the Academy, I would have selected Lincoln for my choice as Best Picture, but Argo isn't a shameful choice.

I also got to the rest of the movies in The Falcon package: there were four I hadn't seen, and since they're each only an hour or so in length, it was easy watching the rest of them over the weekend and into this week.

Back to the Warner Archives this weekend. It'll be a musical: Texas Carnival maybe or Small Town Girl. We'll see how much time I have on my hands depending on what comes in for review (expecting some Criterions any day and maybe Love Is a Many Splendored Thing will arrive early).

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
Matt Hough said:
I FINALLY got to Argo last weekend. Very enjoyable suspenser; Affleck definitely should have been nominated for Best Director. I think had I been a voting member of the Academy, I would have selected Lincoln for my choice as Best Picture, but Argo isn't a shameful choice.
I've been meaning to check Argo out, but was a bit turned off when I found out that they took what was a Canadian government initiative in real life and turned it into an American one in the movie. Kind of like if Canadians made a movie about the ride of Paul Revere, but had him ride from Thunder Bay to Sault Ste. Marie instead.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So far, The Heat in the movie theater along with the blu-rays of Crashout and The Grass is Greener done. Next up is the 3-D Blu-ray of Oz the Great and Powerful.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Well it's been a lovely sunny day in the UK, it's 6.30pm, the chicken's in the oven & the wine's open & I'm in the mood for movies. But it looks like I'm going lo-fi tonight, DVD's of:

The List Of Adrian Messenger
The President's Analyst
& rounding off with Boris Karloff as Fu Manchu.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Billy Batson said:
Well it's been a lovely sunny day in the UK, it's 6.30pm, the chicken's in the oven & the wine's open & I'm in the mood for movies. But it looks like I'm going lo-fi tonight, DVD's of:

The List Of Adrian Messenger
The President's Analyst
& rounding off with Boris Karloff as Fu Manchu.
A good batch, The Mask Of Fu Manchu is a riot! I looked at it twice, the second time with the commentry (a bit annoying at times, but very informative), & it looks like this is one of the most censored, cut-about films to come out of Hollywood - something to offend everyone! - & it looks so good (transfered from the original negs. I understand). I've had the Warner, Hollywood Legends Of Horror Collection for some time, & this is the first time I've seen any of the films. It's going to be, Doctor X & The Return Of Doctor X tonight.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
great long weekend kicked off the Holiday with Stars and Stripes Forever then yesterday The Heat and Man of Steel at the theater, today Looney Tunes Mouse Collection

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Beautiful, if a bit sizzling, weather here in LA has kept me outdoors the last few weekends, but did manage to watch BIKINI BEACH last night in air conditioned splendor. Flat letterboxed, so a frustrating watch, but still a fun summer movie. Would love for most of the Frankie/Annette titles to go Blu, but I doubt MGM even knows they exist.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, I didn't watch anything yesterday as a dreaded summer cold had me confine to bed rest for most of my Sunday.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
60s spy movies including The Spy Who Came in From the Cold, The Quiller Memorandum, The Kremlin Letter, Funeral in Berlin, and Thunderball.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did manage to find time last weekend to get to a Warner Archives disc - Texas Carnival and this weekend I'll likely do the same. It'll probably be New Moon or Sweethearts.

I had time this week to pluck from the vault the old made-for-TV movie The Night Stalker. I was surprised that Universal (on the Anchor Bay label) offered a widescreen presentation of it that didn't look half bad for such an old DVD transfer. I guess I'll watch its follow-up The Night Strangler at some point this weekend.

From the Blu-ray stack, I'll pick The American President. I really like this movie, but I've been getting by with the laserdisc all these years so I'm looking forward to seeing it in much crisper resolution.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
My Saturday viewing will consist of The Blob and Them! (both in 35mm) and Tarantula (projected from DVD) at the beautiful Colonial Theatre in Phoenixville, PA. I even got tickets to the always sold-out annual "run-out" tonight -- because there are some things you have to do or see at least once. Right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks