What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (4 Viewers)

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Panman40 said:
Watched Chicago, really enjoyed it, a superb 7.1 sound mix !.
Tell me about it DOLBY STEREO TrueHD 7.1, tell me about how it defers over the original DOLBY STEREO DIGITAL mix 5.1, what can you tell with rear back surrounds only when listening to them on their own with all the other channels muted. What are they doing.

I haven't played the DVD since it was released in the UK and that was around 2002.

10553777_10152616406755149_4184350092479265365_o.jpg

WOW its like the DOLBY DOUBLE D SIZE. :P
Its like one of those Co-Op £3.00 pound Chicago pizzas with extra toppings.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well movies got put on the back burner at least for today, Sunday may be a different story. NFL football ended up taking up a good chunk of the day and with NFL Ticket being free this year it looks like NFL football will be cutting into some of the weekend movie time.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The King And I (I enjoyed it - and I'm sorry, but the presentation is nowhere near as bad as the complainers say - many of whom don't even own it - most of it is very good).
The Sea Hawk

Field Of Dreams

Gunga Din

plus an episode of Twin Peaks and an episode of Search.

no movies tomorrow - celebrating my Mom's 91st birthday with the family.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Watched Joe Dante's 3D movie "The Hole" on Netflix last night. Pretty solid b-movie with good use of 3D. Shame it's not on BD3D in the US. Tonight I watched "Rollerball" (borrowed the new Twilight Time disc) and "Logan's Run".

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I saw Guardians of the Galaxy again at my local theater.

Also, viewed the HD showings of the following films on Warner Archive Instant"

Springfield Rifle
Scene of the Crime

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Dave Moritz said:
Well movies got put on the back burner at least for today, Sunday may be a different story. NFL football ended up taking up a good chunk of the day and with NFL Ticket being free this year it looks like NFL football will be cutting into some of the weekend movie time.
What's up with the try for point after TD being moved back?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
"What's up with the try for point after TD being moved back?"

No idea what that happened

Sunday 8/10/2014

Star Trek: Wrath Of Khan (DVD) 5.1 Dolby Digital

3:10 To Yuma (Blu-ray) Uncompressed 7.1 PCM

Heat (Blu-ray) 5.1 Dolby True HD

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Caught Guardians on cheap Tuesday. The 3D is better than any other Marvel title thus far. Not a ton of pop-out, but enough to set it apart from the current crop of Hollywood 3D movies. Thus far this weekend, watched 2/3 of the Cornetto trilogy (Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz) and the Criterion A Hard Day's Night. HDN looks fantastic.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My wife and I had a mini-Beatles festival this weekend.

We also watched the Criterion Blu of A Hard Day's Night. We also watched the blu of Help!

I had never seen Help! before. Trippy.

The four young lads on screen were crazy charismatic. So much fun to watch. They should have been on screen more in Help! I really felt like the film dragged with all the nonsense plotline. A Hard Days Night non-existent plot line didn't bother me so much because the boys were on screen nearly all the time.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I forgot to mention, I saw "A Hard Day's Night" in theaters at the Film Forum NYC on Tuesday. My mom and aunt were visiting and we were looking for something to do, plus there's a phenomenal thin crust pizza place right around the corner, so we went for it.

I don't think I had ever seen AHDN from start to finish, every scene seemed familiar, so I've probably seen it out of order on TV a bunch, but from start to finish, it was tremendous fun. I'm not 100% positive but I think they were showing it with the mono mix, which sounded very good to my ears. The Criterion disc is going to have to go on my wish list!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That was my reaction to the theatrical presentation as well. (Same master presented in 4K DCP - had the Criterion restoration credits at the end.) A beautiful black and white presentation, and the music sounds as fresh as ever. Was anything actually recorded live? It all seemed like they were playing/lip syncing to a track (not that that made it any less enjoyable).

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Finished Twin Peaks on Friday, on Saturday I could't watch anything, yesterday on Sunday I watched a lot of the extras of TP and after that the European cut of the Pilot - was a first for me, haven't missed much. :P

I was to go for Mulholland Drive (on DVD), but it was too late for a near 2,5 h movie, so I will watch it today.

I'm in a David Lynch mood :)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Generation War (German TV miniseries)
Garbo in The Temptress (not the first time, well, because it's Garbo) Warner Archive streaming. I understand the opening sequence was directed by Mauritz Stiller, and it shows.
Holy Motors (Leos Carax)
A Field in England (Ben Wheaton)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks