What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (7 Viewers)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Watched the 4K of xXx: Return of Xander Cage a couple of days ago. Entertaining. Lots of ridiculous action. Good for a few laughs. As long as you are not one of those that expect every film to be Oscar-worthy and socially relevant.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
May 24th, 2017 Wednesday

RIP Sir Roger Moore

The Spy Who Loved Me
1080p Blu-ray upconverted to 4k UHD
5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

James-Bond-The-Spy-Who-Loved-Me-Movie-Poster-Red-Clay-Soul.jpg

nintchdbpict000000686619.jpg

The-Spy-Who-Loved-Me-05951.jpg

1410032239572_wps_1_Roger_Moore_with_Caroline.jpg

rodaje.jpg

Tomorrow: Moonraker

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Went to Goodwill and I got brand new copies of Titan A.E. DVD $2.99
Inception bluray and 3D Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs bluray for $3.99 each.

Can't believe Titan A.E. is going for over $30 on amazon now.
Titan A.E. is such an underrated film.
I thoroughly enjoyed it when it came out.
Gonna watch it again this weekend maybe even tonight on my 4K TV.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
May 26th, 2017 Friday

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer)

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
DCP
Dolby Atmos 7.2.12

17015800_10154981836668830_529268610073059017_o (1).jpg

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Curse Of The Black Pearl
1080p Blu-ray upconverted to 4K UHD
5.1 PCM Surround

pirates-of-the-caribbean-curse-of-the-black-pearl.jpg

Last edited:

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Unforgiven UHD

Pretty good, been awhile since I had seen it and still love it. He spends 3/4 of the movie trying to convince himself and everyone else he ain't a stone cold killer.

I felt the PQ was pretty good. A couple of night shots were kinda sketchy, the day shots were gorgeous and sharp. Couple of times it goes from a night shot to a bright prairie shot, and I squinted LOL. Audio is about how I have experienced from some older flicks with lossless audio, most of the time they sound ok, but things like gunshots can be a bit brash and I did not notice a lot of LFE.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Got four in on Friday!
-Central Intelligence - saw the unrated version on HBO Go. Not a big fan of HBO cropping most 2.40:1 films to 1.78:1, but this one didn't seem notably altered. It wasn't quite what I expected from the trailer but I really enjoyed it. Dwayne Johnson is a hoot in it. I'd probably watch him in anything.

-Blue Velvet. Since I can't make June 5th (next new Twin Peaks episode) come any faster, revisiting previous Lynch-MacLachlan collaborations are the next best thing. I haven't seen this one a lot or for a while; I forgot how brutal parts of it were. Maybe not the best choice for date night. Oops!

-The Dish. Great Australian film I'm seeing now for the first time. The BD is an Australian import and was a gift. It's about the Apollo 11 mission, specifically how Australia was responsible for transmitting the live video of the moon landing across the world. Great story, wonderful performances, nice mixture of true-life behind-the-scenes everyday heroism and comedy (similar to Hidden Figures in having a really great blend of comedy, drama and suspense).

-Live And Let Die. For Roger. Last time I had seen this, I had watched with the 5.1 remix, this time I went for the original mono, which made it feel a little bit more authentically vintage. Not my favorite 007 or Moore film but it seemed right in the moment to start at the beginning.

I just got home from work a little while ago and am starting up The Man With The Golden Gun, opting for the original mono again. It has one of my favorite exchanges in the series:
Bond: I mean, sir, who would pay a million dollars to have me killed?
M: Jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors! The list is endless!

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
I watched the first two episodes of The Handmaid's Tale last night. I have to say it is a little weird and I don't quite understand what the world looks like and why this happened other then the birth rate drop. If you like dystopian movies/TV this maybe right up your alley.
the-handmaids-tale.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks