What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (1 Viewer)

larryKR

Stunt Coordinator
Watched the Korean gangster film "NEW WORLD" Saturday night. I liked it very much. It's more story than action which makes it worth seeing in my opinion.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I finally got a copy of Shane (Blu-ray) and watched that yesterday. The night scenes are very dark, some of the darkest I've seen on a catalog Blu-ray release. Besides making my way through all 256 episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents/The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, I also have a Netflix Blu-ray of An Affair To Remember, a movie I've never really watched in its entirety.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Last weekend in spite of reviewing responsibilities, I managed to watch the first two Roland Winters/Charlie Chans in the latest box set. If nothing else comes in for me to review today or tomorrow (once I finish up with Sons of Anarchy), I'll be looking at a long weekend free and plan to finish the Chan box and start on The Bowery Boys.
On the Blu-ray front, I'll probably watch the Streisand/A Star Is Born which I recently got on sale.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've been putting off watching Take Shelter because I'm exhausted by the time I get home every night, so that's on tap for the weekend. Everyone says Michael Shannon is fantastic in the movie and I really want to be paying attention/awake through the whole thing. I also assume I'll be doing more Cheers S4 and some movie tomorrow at the theater (title TBA)).

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It is Labor Day weekend, so I'm hoping to use my apartment pool for the last time this summer.As for planned viewing:Seven Days In MayI Am A Fugitive From A Chain GangHeaven Can Wait. (Lubitsch)Local HeroAnd TCM is showing early Hitchcocks, so may watch a few of those (Murder, Blackmail, Lodger)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Sword in the Stone
Return to Neverland
Robin Hood (Disney)

and start Rome: The Complete Series

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I am going to get caught up on TV. First, I have 2 episodes left of Breaking Bad Season 5 on Netflix, then 3 of the final season on the DVR. Then I have 3 episodes of True Blood and 3 of The Newsroom on the DVR.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I've been putting off watching Take Shelter because I'm exhausted by the time I get home every night, so that's on tap for the weekend. Everyone says Michael Shannon is fantastic in the movie and I really want to be paying attention/awake through the whole thing.
Yep, Shannon gives one of the better performances (in Take Shelter) that I've seen in recent years. He really does intensity well. (He is pretty terrific in a supporting role on Boardwalk Empire as well.)

Not sure what the weekend holds. A buddy and I have been working through season sets of Prison Break (in S02 right now) and if he shows up we'll probably watch 2 to 4 episodes. Being Labor Day weekend he may have other commitments and I'll probably hit the DVR backlog. I have a few television shows and films back-logged that I need to get to before the fall television season starts.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll be watching plenty of blu-rays this weekend along with using my Apple TV and Warner Archive Instant services. I did view the BDs of Flat Top and Only the Valiant on Friday. Today, I'm thinking of watching Penny Senerade on BD and some gangster classics on Warner Archive Instant.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert Crawford said:
I'll be watching plenty of blu-rays this weekend along with using my Apple TV and Warner Archive Instant services. I did view the BDs of Flat Top and Only the Valiant on Friday. Today, I'm thinking of watching Penny Senerade on BD and some gangster classics on Warner Archive Instant.
I watched the blu-rays of Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye and Penny Serenade on Saturday. Today, I watched Illegal on Warner Archive Instant, a 1955 film noir starring Edward G. Robinson with a very good supporting cast.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I viewed Cloud Atlas for the first time on Blu-ray yesterday (with my normal viewing buddy - His second viewing of the film.) Not a perfect film; but I believe that flawed would be too strong an adjective to describe my impressions. I certainly admired its ambition and the sweep of the film. I liked the cast, although I thought that the reuse of actors hurt my initial viewing as I was distracted by playing the 'which actor is that? under the makeup game' vs. focusing on the narrative at points in the film. The makeup varied quite a bit as well with some being effective and some frankly quite bad.

The fragmented narrative helped keep the runtime (172 minutes) manageable and I never found the pace to lag for such a long film. The themes were well defined and I enjoyed the linking of the various story elements of the film. I will probably enjoy my eventual second viewing more with less distraction and more focus on the ideas of the film. Some nice references to earlier films of the cast and crew that were sprinkled throughout the film also boosted my enjoyment level. Some decent misdirection in a few scenes as well.

We only got to one episode of Prison Break due to the runtime of Cloud Atlas.

- Walter.

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
We're watching "This Happy Breed" right now. My wife just got a phone call from a friend in Honduras so we have the movie on pause until they finish talking.So far the movie is quite good. It's the first disc we have watched (or actually we are still watching) in the David Lean Directs Noel Coward Collection.Well, Phoebe just got off the phone so it's back to the movie.

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
We finished the movie last night . We both liked it, but I liked it more. Looking forward to seeing more from the Collection, although it will probably take a while since it is taking a long time to settle into our new home here in Mexico.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Started a free trial of Netflix (again) and watched Jackie Brown, Sexy Beast, Madagascar 3, The Great Gatsby [3D BD], The Muppet Movie [BD], Cleanflix, and Reincarnated. After that last one, I felt like Odorama cards with various forms of weed smoke should be included with every copy.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll be busy with reviewing duties this weekend and so I doubt I'll get to The Bowery Boys yet again. I did manage to finish the Chan DVD box last weekend but I was otherwise to occupied with work to watch anything else I had waiting.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Watched the recent BD release of The Fugitive tonight. Warner did an excellent job with this latest BD after screwing the pooch with the previous BD release. Tomorrow, I'll watch Now You See Me BD and then go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks