What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (2 Viewers)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
If Friday counts as the weekend, I'll start there. :) Stayed home sick from work and I needed some pure sugar...so I put in Jurassic Park III. Hit up the theater yesterday morning for Pacific Rim and then stayed for Fruitvale Station. I'm not sure what today holds, exactly, yet, but I am on a mission to watch everything in my collection I have not watched yet. I don't know how long it's going to take, but that's my mission.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Watched The Game and Treasure Planet. The Criterion of The Game looks and sounds great, and Treasure Planet is an underrated Disney gem. They should have seriously considered a 3D version. Sent from my iPad using Home Theater Forum mobile app

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Westerns weekend coming up, Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid, Duel at Diablo, Once Upon a Time in the West, The Professionals, Hour of the Gun, and Vera Cruz, most of the Blurays, the rest should be.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jason_V said:
If Friday counts as the weekend, I'll start there. :) Stayed home sick from work and I needed some pure sugar...so I put in Jurassic Park III. Hit up the theater yesterday morning for Pacific Rim and then stayed for Fruitvale Station. I'm not sure what today holds, exactly, yet, but I am on a mission to watch everything in my collection I have not watched yet. I don't know how long it's going to take, but that's my mission.
Yes, Fridays count.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Now I guess the question is should I have admitted, in public, to voluntarily watched JP III. It's not as terrible as I remember, but it's not very good either.

I don't know what's on tap for this weekend yet. I certainly want to get to Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox...maybe some Disney stuff I haven't gotten around to yet, too. Here's hoping!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Jason_V said:
Now I guess the question is should I have admitted, in public, to voluntarily watched JP III. It's not as terrible as I remember, but it's not very good either.
I find the movie very entertaining and a better film than Spielberg's own JP: The Lost World. That movie I find very annoying and with an off-the-rails concluding segment.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Matt Hough said:
I find the movie very entertaining and a better film than Spielberg's own JP: The Lost World. That movie I find very annoying and with an off-the-rails concluding segment.
More entertaining...yes. It's dopey, popcorn, turn your brain off entertainment. The Lost World is...something between disappointing (most of the movie) and incomprehensible (the ending). Had that movie ended before San Diego, it would be a very weak recommend. With San Diego...definite don't recommend.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I am a fan of JP III, too. I will occasionally spin up the disc to watch the "plane crash" sequence and find myself transfixed for quite a while thereafter. :biggrin:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was right about last weekend: I was too busy reviewing discs that had come in that I had no time to get to my stack of unwatched Blu-rays and Archive titles. I did manage to find an evening free this past week, and I watched Executive Decision, a movie I've always found terrifically exciting and involving. I know all of the controversy about its edits, but I honestly couldn't spot anything amiss when I watched it. Of course, I was so caught up in the suspense that I could easily have missed something.

If I get some time this weekend, I hope to jump into the first volume of The Bowery Boys. I also have Ship of Fools that I would like to watch.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I got an early start to the weekend by watching 2 Guns last night. I still have some Olive BD to get through including The Courtship of Billy Mitchell and Cry Vengeance.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched The Driver on Friday. Wonderful movie; very good BRD. I've always loved this film since I saw it when it first came out.

Tonight I'll probably watch The King And Four Queens. Clark Gable + Jo Van Fleet + Raoul Walsh + Lucien Ballard. Some combination!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Spent last night with a personal favorite episode of TNG Season 4 ("Suddenly Human") before going on to the next two eps ("Remember Me" and "Legacy"). This morning, we did 2 Guns at the theater. I'm not sure what tonight is going to hold quite yet.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched more golf than anything else this weekend. However, after watching 2 Guns in a movie theater, I did finish viewing the BDs for The Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell and Cry Vengeance.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I successfully completed my list for this weekend, and still have one day to go (long weekend in Canada). My daughter's talking about going to a theatre tomorrow, so we'll see. Sent from my iPad using Home Theater Forum mobile app

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
ROclockCK said:
My weekend pick is turning into a weeklong commitment. I'm about 2/3 of the way through Star Trek: The Next Generation Season IV.

Somehow popcorn seems wrong for that show. Maybe celery. :huh:
I think I'm right behind you...finished almost two discs as of last night and watched "First Contact" tonight.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Some sifi this weekend, Soylent Green, The Power, Forbidden Planet, and This Island Earth, which I hope eventually comes to Bluray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks