What's new

What's On Your Mind? (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Is it normal for a package shipped from Italy to make it to France (Roissy) via FedEx but then end up back in Italy where it originated? I've been tracking something I ordered from a premium steelbook label in Italy and that's been the trajectory so far (final destination NYC). Just a tad bit worried. I've had another carrier disaster recently where something I ordered from South Korea made it all the way to a sorting facility 15 blocks from my job only to be returned to Sender in South Korea because a clerk decided there wasn't enough information on the address label, which is BS. It's enough to put me off ordering from overseas.

Dead2009

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I've been taking bp meds for a few years...never had any side effects (that I know of). I'm supposed to get them refilled every 90 days but last month my Dr.'s office denied a refill and I had to travel all the way to them to have a chat about it. If I'm supposed to be diligently taking meds for my condition, it's not helping that I have to go through this nonsense every 3 months. My bp was close to 200 the day I visited and they wanted me to go to the ER. I said just give me my meds and I'll be alright. It's all a money game.

I had this problem a few months ago. I had a refill that was coming up around Christmas, not only did they ignore me for days but when they did reply they told me I had to take my BP that day and report the readings before they would get the doctor to okay it. Mind you I was 4 days removed from being out of one of them.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The Stanley Cup Finals is about to get underway. The last time a Canadian team won the cup was 1993 (Canadiens). Anyone psyched? I used to love watching playoff hockey- just don’t have the time any longer, and the year long lockout almost 20 years ago destroyed my interest.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Trying to find a documentary called You Are Looking Live! (named for the classic opening line that Brent Musburger said at the top of The NFL Today on Sundays when I was a boy); it aired on CBS and P+ before Super Bowl LVIII, but I found out much too late about it, so I decided I wanted to see it.

Trouble is, it's not on P+ (had signed up again to see if I could find it); did they take it down that quick (right after the Super Bowl last February)? I can't find hide or hair of it anywhere.

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
What's been on my mind recently is the realization that this year's American elections coincides with Guy Fawkes Day. It's both delightfully ironic, and rather ominous.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I get a kick out of watching grown adults (many are middle aged) traipsing around in motorized scooters. Aren't these things essentially toys designed primarily for young teens and preteens? Sometimes I wonder if a 45 year old buys and rides one just to try to capture their youth sort of like how they used to buy a sports car during a midlife crisis. Scooters are less expensive lol. You won't find me on one of these - I've never broken a single bone in my body and I don't intend to start tempting fate now at 50.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I get a kick out of watching grown adults (many are middle aged) traipsing around in motorized scooters. Aren't these things essentially toys designed primarily for young teens and preteens? Sometimes I wonder if a 45 year old buys and rides one just to try to capture their youth sort of like how they used to buy a sports car during a midlife crisis. Scooters are less expensive lol. You won't find me on one of these - I've never broken a single bone in my body and I don't intend to start tempting fate now at 50.
Trust me- you don’t want broken bones, especially ribs. You can hardly move for a few weeks.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Are you talking about the stand-up scooters that people try to run me down on the sidewalk with?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Are there any other types?
When one refers to adults and scooters, this is what comes to mind for me:

1718379689956.png

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I've seen the Youtube videos but never thought I'd experience one myself. Some jerk brake checked my commuter bus this morning. Everything happened exactly as it does in the videos: he cuts us off by advancing into our lane, then stops! And this was heading into the Holland Tunnel in NYC! I couldn't believe my eyes. Brake checking is becoming a serious problem in this country. I wish there was a law where municipal authorities actually paid people with dashcams to turn in footage of drivers who do this. The DMV, in turn, would suspend their license and fine the crap out of them. People who behave like this should NOT be behind the wheel of anything.

Dead2009

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike

At the same time though if that's their only way to get around, more power to them lol. As long as it's not those motorized skateboards I see people on. I almost had a kid on one crash into me a few days ago because he was too busy on his phone in the middle of the street.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
So many people are still covering their faces in masks it just boggles my mind. I understand some of those folks may be caregivers or dabble in the medical field but it's not necessary to wear masks outdoors. It wasn't even necessary during the height of the pandemic, let alone nearly 5 years after the outbreak. At this point I think it's just paranoia. News outlets don't even mention COVID anymore.

By the way, these are my own thoughts, opinions and sentiments and I don't expect anyone to agree with me. I started this thread so folks can randomly drop in any time and just say what's on their mind. Please refrain from criticism, even of the constructive type, as that's not what the thread is for. The thread gets very little traffic as it is but what little general conversation does go on here I do appreciate. Many people have abandoned message boards because there's just too much anger and counter-arguing and people are fed up with it. Thanks and carry on my friends!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So, the thread is for you to complain about anything on your mind without anyone countering your complaints? It doesn't work that way, not on this forum. If anybody wants to take the time to counter your complaints, they're free to do so.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Don't be obtuse. I didn't start a thread to complain;. Why are you purposefully harassing me?
It seems like that's what this thread is about. As to your accusation of harassing you. I wouldn't have said a word except for the fact you're trying to restrict what other people can say in this thread. That's not your job!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I was sent with a load to Lincoln Nebraska this morning. I bet I haven’t been through there in 15 or 16 years- my runs just don’t take me this far west anymore. I was very impressed with the stretch of I-80 between Omaha and Lincoln- 3 lanes, looked to be a fairly recent rebuild of the interstate, and the road is the best one I have been on in recent memory. Sad what’s going on in the Omaha/Council Bluffs Iowa area- the Missouri River flooded, shutting down I-29 in the area. There is a detour, but it takes you pretty far out of route. 🙁

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Edgewe'vetradeface
Recent bookmarks