What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (5 Viewers)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
David Weicker said:
Forbidden Planet on Blu.
Doctor Who - The Mind Of Evil - now in Color.
Man Of Steel at the theater
Also Serpico, Fame, and Roman Holiday.Plus spending time with my boys

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
To finish up my weekend viewing, last night, I watched the TT BD of Pony Soldier starring Tyrone Power. An average at best western with a blu-ray presentation that can be considered average at best too.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I saw Oz the Great and Powerful and Loved it...the other Blu Ray movie I watched was Poirot Hickory Dickory Dock :D

larryKR

Stunt Coordinator
I watched BUCHANAN RIDES ALONE, RIDE LONESOME, and COMANCHE STATION on dvd, three Budd Boetticher westerns over the weekend all of them starring Randolph Scott. These are nice simple westerns from the 50's with good stories. A bd release of the Boetticher box set from Sony would be most welcome.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did manage to get around to Earthquake last weekend and enjoyed revisiting it. The Sensurround effects couldn't match what one felt in the theater way back when, but it did bring back memories. I did lament the outtakes/deleted scenes used to pad the movie for television weren't included in the package.

This weekend, it's back to the Warner Archives to watch one of the DVDs in that pile, I think. I also might try to get to Jack Reacher. I was among the HTF attendees who saw an advanced screening of it at Paramount in October before its December release, but unlike many I had mixed feelings about it. Having gotten a cheap Blu-ray copy, I'd like to watch it again to see if my reactions have changed any.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Steve Tannehill said:
I've had the box set for years...lots of movies to see!
I already seen each of The Thin Man films, but one day several years ago I decided to take a vacation day and just have a Thin Man film marathon. Now, granted a few of them I haven't seen in years, but I was just in the mood for some NIck and Nora. So I started before the sun came up that morning by opening up that box set and then proceeded to watch all six films in chronological order. Hell, I even ordered out for some pizza delivery as that and some bathroom breaks were my only interruptions. It took me about 12-13 hours because I even watched the docs. on Powell and Loy. A very well spent vacation day with pure entertainment.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
The Thin Man has me in the mood for My Man Godfrey, although I saw that last year.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Steve Tannehill said:
The Thin Man has me in the mood for My Man Godfrey, although I saw that last year.
What I found so funny about that film was that you could see the great film chemistry between Powell and Lombard, but I didn't realized until years later that they were married and divorced in real life before they even filmed Godfrey. IMO, I guess neither harbored any ill will towards their ex in this case.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
David Weicker said:
I plan on watching:
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Walk The Line
MASH
and
Much Ado About Nothing at the theater
Rainy, overcast weekend in Chicagoland.

So, (because of all the conversation about that other film) watched Superman II

Watched Monsieur Beaucaire - one of my favorite Bob Hope comedies. It is unfortunate that there are ZERO Bob Hope films on Blu-Ray.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks