What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (4 Viewers)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
October 2nd, 2022 Sunday

Willow
4K Digital / Disney +
5.1 Dolby upmixed to 7.2

Willow.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
An HTF October Scary Movie Challenge 2022 Selection

バトル・ロワイアル (Battle Royale) [Unrated Director's Cut]
Originally Released: 12/16/2000
Watched: 10/02/2022
1080P HD digital streaming on Apple TV app, upscaled to 4K via Roku Ultra; Japanese with English subtitles

Battle Royale (2000) Poster

Recommended?
Yes

Why? This gory dystopian satire, about a class of Japanese schoolchildren forced by their government to battle to the death, serves as a potent allegory for the terrors and dangers of growing up and confronting adulthood.

More of my thoughts are available here.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
An HTF October Scary Movie Challenge 2022 Selection

I Am Lisa
Originally Released: 07/02/2020
Watched: 10/04/2022
HDX (1080P) digital streaming on Vudu app, upscaled to 4K via Roku Ultra

I Am Lisa (2020) Poster

Recommended?
Yes

Why? This low budget indie horror flick is a revenge story with bite.

More of my thoughts are available here.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
The Quiller Memorandum (Network blu ray) - first time viewing of this tepid Eurospy thriller. Reasonable quality blu ray with good supplements, recommended for fans of Senta Berger (who looks wonderful).
The Twilight Time disc is far better. This film has my favorite performance from Senta Berger whom I always liked. I'd have loved to see her in the role Elizabeth Taylor played in The Comedians.

Last edited:

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
The Twilight Time disc is far better. This film has my favorite performance from Senta Berger whom I always liked. I'd have loved to see in the role Elizabeth Taylor played in The Comedians.

I had forgotten TT had put this out, I picked up the Network release in their current sale. I only bought it for the lovely Senta, as most reviews are very lukewarm about the film. Will probably watch The Secret Ways later, a better film.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Sherlock Holmes and the Voice of Terror (1942)
Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon (1943)

The first two in the Universal series, which are the ones I have watched the least. Although he had made two previous films for Fox, I find Rathbone to be quite stiff in the Voice of Terror. It's interesting to watch his character development as the series progresses, he becomes much more relaxed in the role. From the Secrer Weapon onwards, the films are directed by Roy William Neill who is really the 'third man' of the series (changing Holmes hairstyle also helps!).

This is, by a long way, my favourite film series, to cast Basil Rathbone as Holmes remains one of the most inspired decisions in cinema history.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
The bad news bears,stars walter matthau and tatum o'neal,about a washed up baseball pitcher,who coaches little league misfits until a teenage girl and a rebel joined the team.this movie lauched a francise include two serquels and short lived
series on cbs and a 2006 reboot.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched the new documentary The Sound of 007 on Amazon Prime yesterday. Since I grew up and lived all my life with those theme songs, it was nice to get background information on their creation from recent and vintage interviews. I didn't like that they jump back and forth in time too much, whiplash-like, but otherwise it's a notable documentary.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Before Sunrise starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy,this movie stands the test of time.and this movie is no exception.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Something to talk about starts julia roberts,dennis quaid,gena rowlands,robert duvall,kyra stdrick,it's about a loving couple who lives in a mansion,rasing thier daughter,until she saw her husband having a affair,and after that she embarrased her parents and the community.and she went nuts.i haven't seen that movie in years.not for a very long time.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
October 8th & 9th (Saturday & Sunday)

Saturday

A Fistful Of Dollars
4K Blu-ray
DTS Master Audio

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
4K Blu-ray
DTS Master Audio

Sunday

A Few Dollars More
4K Blu-ray
DTS Master Audio

How The West Was Won
2008 Blu-ray
Dolby True HD 5.1 upmixed to Auro 7.2

Night At The Museum
HD Digital upconverted to 4K
Dolby 5.1 upmixed to 7.2

Looking forward to adding more Clint Eastwood on 4K blu-ray to the library as I can get them!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks