What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I started off my weekend by viewing the excellent BD of 3:10 to Yuma tonight. What a beautiful looking disc and one of the best 1080p presentations I've seen since Casablanca.

I will most likely stick with more BDs viewing this weekend as I'll probably look at some of those Olive releases. I'm thinking some film noir and perhaps a John Wayne film like Dark Command or Three Faces West.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
playing catch up this weekend and going old school (only DVD this time), three great comedy teams, Laurel & Hardy Essential Collection, The Three Stooges Volume 9, and if I can fit time in maybe a Martin & Lewis film before the start of Falling Skies on Sunday, lightweight weekend.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I took care of Three Faces West this morning and it was probably the best BD presentation I've viewed from a Republic title that Olive has put out on BD. I'm going to try to watch another BD later today, either a film noir or another Wayne film.

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Henry
I have another long weekend.

Friday night serials:
Mad Men 1
Rome 2

Saturday Netflix:
Les Hommes Libres
Gangster Squad

Sunday Extra Movie Night:
The Geat Escape

Sunday Serials on Monday: Being Human (UK) 4
Secret Diary of a Call Girl

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Dark Command is off my list. A pretty good looking BD from Olive. Sunday brings new opportunities, maybe a little film noir.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
So far:

A New Leaf
Background To Danger
The Maltese Falcon '41

I think my son wants to watch The Great Dictator tomorrow, otherwise, I'm not sure what else is in the works.

Tomorrow Night - The Tony Awards (and maybe Falling Skies)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Robert Crawford said:
I started off my weekend by viewing the excellent BD of 3:10 to Yuma tonight. What a beautiful looking disc and one of the best 1080p presentations I've seen since Casablanca.

I will most likely stick with more BDs viewing this weekend as I'll probably look at some of those Olive releases. I'm thinking some film noir and perhaps a John Wayne film like Dark Command or Three Faces West.
I am glad to hear 3:10 to Yuma looks so good, Robert. I just picked it up as part of Amazon's 50% off Criterion sale, and plan on viewing it the first night my wife doesn't want to watch something with me.

Tonight will be the first Lethal Weapon film from the set I picked up when the price dropped at Amazon. It was an adventure getting it delivered, as it never showed up from the carrier (Prestige). This is the 2nd shipment from that carrier in the past few weeks that has never arrived. Amazon has been great about re-shipping -- both times with upgraded free overnight delivery. However, I think there is an issue with that carrier -- either theft or gross incompetence.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Tonight I'm watching Brief Encounter, part of the David Lean directs Noel Coward Blu-ray box I just got from the Criterion sale. It will be my first time to see all of these films.

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cory Pals
Friday: Super 8

Saturday: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Toy Story 3

Sunday: A Good Day to Die Hard
The Bourne Legacy
Cars

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
The Wages of Fear, Dark of the Sun, and the Seventh Dawn, the kind of movies they just don't make anymore, adventure flics with something to say.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
An IMAX showing of Man of Steel is on the docket for this weekend. As to my home viewing list, I'm in the mood for some Cary Grant. I'm going to watch at least one of the following Olive Blu-rays:

Indiscreet
Father Goose
The Grass is Greener

Right now, I'm leaning towards Father Goose. Also, I've been thinking about Destination Tokyo which stars Grant along with John Garfield. One of my favorite Garfield films.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Tiring of trying to get to Argo and failing, I'm going to try to get to Earthquake this weekend. I have some things to review, so time will be tight, but I would like to get to it.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
New Week,

happy fathers day to all the dad's out there, since it is our "big" day I am doing a "big" weekend

Big
Big Country
The Big Lebowski
The Big Trail
Big Jake
Big Trouble In Little China

with the possibility of Man Of Steel IMAX 3D, I know the wife wants to go as well

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert Crawford said:
An IMAX showing of Man of Steel is on the docket for this weekend. As to my home viewing list, I'm in the mood for some Cary Grant. I'm going to watch at least one of the following Olive Blu-rays:

Indiscreet
Father Goose
The Grass is Greener

Right now, I'm leaning towards Father Goose. Also, I've been thinking about Destination Tokyo which stars Grant along with John Garfield. One of my favorite Garfield films.
I saw Man of Steel and loved it. The final fight sequence could've been shorten, but other than that, I liked it as much as the 70's films.

I also viewed the DVDs of Destination Tokyo and Air Force, two vintage WWII films made during the war. Would love to have both of them on BD.

On Sunday, I'm going to watch Father Goose and if I have time, maybe one more BD.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I got done with Blu-ray of Father Goose this morning. One of Olive's better looking BDs even with the muted coloring. I'll probably watch one more BD before the day is done.

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there. Enjoy your day!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks