What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (3 Viewers)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
IMG_1483 (2).JPG

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A couple of weeks ago, I bought the HD streaming version of Postcards from the Edge. I had never upgraded my DVD, and the movie has always been a favorite, so I watched it tonight. Enjoyed the excellent video and audio quality. Carrie Fisher's biting, absorbing script is excellent, and Mike Nichols really gives us wonderful behind-the-scenes sights and sounds of moviemaking at work. Performances are beyond great. I even found Richard Dreyfuss appealing, and he's one of my least favorite actors.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Received the blu ray of Amazon Women on the Moon today and had to watch it straight away. This film reminds me of visits to the video rental shop at the end of the 80s, happy days. Then Pursuit to Algiers, one of my favourite Rathbone Holmes films.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
First time viewing of The Foreigner with Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan. Pretty solid action / thriller. Not terribly surprising (that it was well made) given that Bond veteran Martin Campbell directed the feature. Very effective and enjoyable.

- Walter.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Last Evenings Triple Feature Presentation - from the unwatched collection

1617833104895.png
1617839084133.png

First time Viewing of all three titles, Letter, was such a great presentation, and the restoration by Paramount really shines in this Signature collection release.

On to the Sirk Collection, had seen some bits and pieces of his 50's weepies, but was unfamiliar with his other work really outside the Lana Turner's version of Imitation of Life , but his direction here is just a joy, George Saunders is pitch perfect in both films, and the rest of the cast appears to be having fun in both titles.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Tonight's Double Feature Presentation - continuing the unwatched collection

1617938874227.png

Early Chan doing his thing and both have a very serious " Rocky" training thought the films to get to the "Boss" fight at the end

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I made a mistake today: I watched World For Ransom, a feeble and badly made film. It takes a very slim narrative, borrows a romantic triangle from Casablanca, then borrows another one from The Third Man, mixes everything up together and produces an uninteresting story! (Robert Aldrich later admitted the film was "thievery in the night!") Things deteriorate further because the director (Robert Aldrich, who later became really good) was at this early stage in his career still learning his craft and had no grip on the shaky material. For example the leading lady, Marian Carr, probable could have done a good job with a helpful director but is instead merely inadequate. Dan Duryea was already at the point in his career when he grossly overplayed with his voice - he should have listened to Robert Mitchum movies because Mitchum was the actor who really knew how to overplay very gently with his voice - and consequently Duryea fails to carry the movie.

I'm an admirer of Robert Aldrich but I won't watch this film again.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I made a mistake today: I watched World For Ransom, a feeble and badly made film. It takes a very slim narrative, borrows a romantic triangle from Casablanca, then borrows another one from The Third Man, mixes everything up together and produces an uninteresting story! (Robert Aldrich later admitted the film was "thievery in the night!") Things deteriorate further because the director (Robert Aldrich, who later became really good) was at this early stage in his career still learning his craft and had no grip on the shaky material. For example the leading lady, Marian Carr, probable could have done a good job with a helpful director but is instead merely inadequate. Dan Duryea was already at the point in his career when he grossly overplayed with his voice - he should have listened to Robert Mitchum movies because Mitchum was the actor who really knew how to overplay very gently with his voice - and consequently Duryea fails to carry the movie.

I'm an admirer of Robert Aldrich but I won't watch this film again.
One of these days, I'll get around to watching my Olive BD that I bought back in 2015.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Felt like some 3D tonight. Wanted to run a difficult print to check out our new Panavision 3D lens so I picked Jaws 3D. There are several questionable shots in that movie and since they used 3 different 3D cameras to film the movie, I thought Jaws 3D would be the perfect test for the new lens. Print looked good on the big screen and to me at least the color looked better with the Panavision lens than my Dolby lens.
As bad as the move really is I still enjoy watching Jaws 3D. 35mm, 2:35:1. Dolby stereo A.

index.jpg

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Kino-Lorbers Blu-ray disc of Breezy yesterday. It a pretty good film which could have worked better for me if the eponymous Breezy had been a shade less presumptuous. William Holden was excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    maanw2357
    Recent bookmarks