What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (6 Viewers)

Toronto Argonauts

Supporting Actor
Mississauga, Ontario Just West of Toronto
Real Name
David Thompson
Tonight: Disc One

1606880494065.png

1606880539309.png

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tonight's viewing:

408952-seven-boats-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

Seven Boats is a ten-minute short film from Iceland. It is stark, has no dialogue and is, for me, a bit of a head scratcher. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I am hopeful I will figure out its message. It was contained on the DVD of an Icelandic film I recently purchased called A White, White Day. I hope to watch the feature film sometime soon.

We also watched:

fried-green-tomatoes-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(1).jpg

Jessica Tandy is always excellent. The rest of the Fried Green Tomatoes cast stepped up their game to keep up with her.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Now time to explore the original TV version!
I saw this film when it came out and it was the first time I saw Julie Harris on screen since my first exposure to her in 1955 (East of Eden). I was instantly drawn to her talents and frail "beauty," something that had happened when I watched her play Abra in East of Eden. But I was only 5 at the time. Now I was all of 12 and could appreciate her much more. A powerful performance in a powerful film.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Women Make Films (TCM) Final chapter of Mark Cousins' documentary. Very enlightening series.
The System (Kino BD) 1964. Michaell Winner's and Oliver Reed's first collaboration and it's a winner. Reed plays an aimless youth working a summer resort, playing tourists for casual sex and money. But this time the tables are turned. And he's getting older, his life is stagnant. Is this his future? Reed excels as a man who faces hemmed-in life with no prospects, angry at himself, at the haves who mock him, at the circle of friends who outgrow him.
The DP is the magnificent Nicholas Roeg.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
December 2nd, 2020 Wednesday

Home Alone 3
HD Digital upconverted to 4K / Disney +
Dolby 5.1 upmixed to Auro 7.1

Home Alone 3.jpg

I have always found the third installment to be ok but nowhere as good as the first two with Macaulay Culkin.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The Frozen Ghost (Mill Creek BD) 1945. Inner Sanctum #4. Most notable for having not one, but 3 women lusting after Lon Chaney! Creepy Martin Kosleck is the best feature here as a wax museum sculptor.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Watched the two hour (S04E01 & S04E02) premiere of season four of Seal Team last night. Pretty solid return for what has been a reliable series for me. Looks like there are some changes in store for this season based upon the events of episodes 1 & 2. (The series does have an evolving dynamic in some respects, so nothing new there I suppose.)

The opening episode in particularly was visually distinct in some ways from what I have been accustomed to with the series. High altitude locations in Afghanistan were the setting for the episode and it had an arctic mountain aesthetic that was fairly striking. Lots of contrast with the snow and the green alpine shrubbery and trees. Glad to see the series back.

(There was an AC-130 Spectre providing support, but they really didn't show it in action. Guess they couldn't get the real deal, or the budget precluded it.)

- Walter.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We tried to watch the first episode of "Moonbase 8", but could not make it past the first 20 minutes. Are they trying on purpose to be this unfunny? It was very similar to "Space Force" in that way.
All you need to know -- good cast, heavily advertised, complete crap.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Peg and I watched Mean Girls tonight.

It has been years since we've seen it. Our daughter was a teenager a VERY long time ago! :laugh:

While it was kinda predictable and neatly resolved for a typical teen angst coming-of age-flick, it held our interest. I credit most of that to Tina Fey's script. Also, you had an excellent cast of principals--led by Lindsey Lohan at the apex of her career. It is so sad she didn't become an absolute mega-star.

RjKI.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks