What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
On Netflix in 4K/Dolby Vision/Atmos:

MV5BMTdkOTEwYjMtNDA1YS00YzVlLTg0NWUtMmQzNDZhYWUxZmIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Unfortunately, this film didn't resonate with us. it left us wanting.
First The Princess Bride, and now A River Runs Through It?

I don't know, Mike.

I...

Simply...

Don't...

Know...

Maybe you need to find another hobby. :P

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Major Dundee (Koch Media BD Zone B) 1965. A beautiful German release of the film, different from the TT release in that the longer version can be watched with the original theatrical score, and it has an extra commentary by Glenn Erickson. The PQ is probably the same. Is it a botched masterpiece? Who knows...As is stands, the film has many virtues, but it's still so butchered that you feel the gaps in continuity. I saw this when it came out in Puerto Rico. Which version did I see since we got international cuts? I wouldn't remember.
Castle Keep (Indicator BD Zone Free) 1969. Satirical, surrealist, laden with symbols. WW2 action drama headlined by Burt Lancaster; directed by Sidney Pollack; gorgeously shot by Henri Decae. A most interesting film that will generate a lot of discussion.
The Reckless Moment (Indicator BD Zone Free) 1949. Ophuls last American film is a melodrama starring James Mason and Joan Bennett (successfully remade as The Deep End starring Tilda Swinton). Both leads are excellent in this noir-tinged story of a mother dealing with a cover-up and blackmail. Bennett is superb and Mason strikes a sympathetic chord as the blackmailer who suddenly finds his better side. Ophuls direction is tight and his camera, as usual, glides and swoops ever so smoothly over the proceedings.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Just finished the Ranown westerns. Prefer trail over town and my order would be:
The Tall T
Ride Lonesome
Comanche Station
Buchanan Rides Alone
Decision at Sundown

What will i be watching today? Has to be Ride the High Country (Scott's last film).

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Continued with HBOs:
The Plot against America Chapter 3. Scary stuff as President Charles Lindbergh unleashes a wave of anti-Semitic attacks on American Jews.
My Brilliant Friend: The Story of a New Name Chapter 3. Continues the story of the lifelong friendship of two women in Naples during the second half of the 20th century. Absorbing.
Listened to Glenn Erickson's commentary on the German disc of Major Dundee. He goes deep on the production and the mangling of the film by the producer while commenting on the missing scenes (shot and cut or just written).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I wandered over to the TCM app this afternoon and watched Romance on the High Seas. Always entertaining, of course, and it looked very nice. Only a dust speck or two, so I'd think if Warner Archive is looking for something that needs very little work, this movie would be a prime candidate.

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Today's matinee was "The Longest Day".(BD) all 2 hours and 58 minutes worth!!
One of my favorite war movies.

View attachment 69989

I get a kick out of that Longest Day poster, which features Robert Mitchum, in the foreground, because that scene of Mitchum on Omaha Beach, is in color, although as everyone knows, "The Longest Day" is a very well shot black & white film!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Binged on 2 Netflix series in toto:
The Kingdom: Series 2 (4K HDR 6 episodes) Korean series combining palace intrigue with zombies. Fast moving and suspenseful.
Freud (HD 8 episodes) German series combining a famous name in 1886 with some Penny Dreadful goings-on. It is so well made and acted! Lots of full frontal nudity, drug use, debauchery, crime...oh, Vienna is so sleazy...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    acinstallation715
    Recent bookmarks