What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (2 Viewers)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Batman Begins (2005)
The Dark Knight (2008)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

I had never watched any of these together. I watched them over two days, since they're all 2.5 hours or longer. What a great trilogy. If more superhero movies were anywhere near this good, I'd watch more of them. Way to go Christopher Nolan.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
To make up for the Michael Buble concert I was going to go to tonight but was obviously cancelled, I watched:

Michael Buble: Caught In The Act, and Michael Buble Meets Madison Square Garden.

Toronto Argonauts

Supporting Actor
Mississauga, Ontario Just West of Toronto
Real Name
David Thompson
51u9ZtcJQ3L._AC_SX342_.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
March 22nd, 2020 Sunday

Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl
4K Digital / Dolby Vision
Dolby 5.1 upmixed to Auro 7.1

15_LOGO.00088956_R.jpg

Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-The-Curse-of-the-Black-Pearl-movie-poster.jpg

The Princes Bride
4K Digital / Dolby Vision

princess_bride.jpg

Back To The Future lll
1080p Blu-ray upconverted to 4K
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 upmixed to Auro 7.1

back_to_the_future_part_iii_xlg.jpg

Sister Act
HD Digital upconverted to 4K

Sister Act.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Peg and I watched the Twilight Time release The Keys of the Kingdom tonight.

the-keys-of-the-kingdom-lobbycard-gregory-peck-1944-picture-id1137202469

Fantastic story. Very good movie. Great cast.

All the time I was growing up, a hardcover copy of AJ Cronin's book sat on my dad's bookshelf. I could see why this particular story appealed so much to him. A story abut a good man (a very relatable character) having an adventure in an exotic locale. And it didn't hurt that he also liked to fish! :D Peg and I were captivated by the film.

Pete York

Supporting Actor
Next 'episode' in Madigan (TV), The Midtown Beat, a title only off by about 60 blocks as the whole story takes place in Harlem. This was a wild one. Charles Durning as a racist good ol' boy, two gay hitmen after a 15-year-old kid, Cab Calloway as a doctor. Even a little bit with an uncredited Kenneth McMillan.

The Brasher Doubloon (Brahm, 47), outside of the two terrible leads, is really a pretty good production. That's no surprise as the director was on the tail end of a purple patch. Also Conrad Janis with hair running around looking like young Leo DiCaprio.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I re-watched the original Blu-ray disc of To Catch A Thief yesterday. The new disc will have to be truly remarkable to be a worthwhile upgrade on this.

The Molly Maguires has just arrived so I'll be watching that tonight, my first viewing of this film for a very long time.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Peg and I watched the Twilight Time release The Keys of the Kingdom tonight.

the-keys-of-the-kingdom-lobbycard-gregory-peck-1944-picture-id1137202469

Fantastic story. Very good movie. Great cast.

All the time I was growing up, a hardcover copy of AJ Cronin's book sat on my dad's bookshelf. I could see why this particular story appealed so much to him. A story abut a good man (a very relatable character) having an adventure in an exotic locale. And it didn't hurt that he also liked to fish! :D Peg and I were captivated by the film.
Excellent film which I saw as a teenager (boarding school fare). It prompted me to read the book (recommended). The TT transfer is very good.

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Shut My Big Mouth (TCM app) 1942. Joe E. Brown's return to the screen after a short absence is nothing but a minor vehicle for this beloved comic. A highlight is a knock-out dance between Brown in drag and Victor Jory (the villain) who is enamored of the lady in drag.
What's the Matter with Helen? (Scream BD) 1971. Directed with style by Curtis Harrington; acted with gusto by Debbie Reynolds and Shelley Winters. Very good transfer.
House of Horrors (Scream BD) 1946. Rondo Hatton provides the horror. It's really a police manhunt with a deranged sculptor masterminding the murder of some art critics. Enjoyable minor Universal picture. I liked Virginia Grey as the spunky art critic.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
...giving me ideas. I enjoyed the Dark Knight Trilogy so much, maybe a Star Trek trilogy is in order.

Pete York

Supporting Actor
Shichinin no samurai / Seven Samurai (Kurosawa, 54). I must be prone to suggestion because I saw a tweet this morning about Kurosawa's birthday and then found myself in front of this tonight. This one particularly because it had been a while since last view.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Yesterday I watched Paramount's new Zone-free Blu-ray disc of The Molly Maguires. It's a very good disc of a very good film which failed at the box-office despite starring Sean Connery and Richard Harris. I recommend both the film and the disc to anyone who finds the subject matter interesting. The disc has no "extras" but there are sub-titles.

I'll probably have a second look at Thunder Bay tonight.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The Plot against America (HBO HD) Chapter 2. Although Philip Roth wrote the novel decades ago and set it in an alternate timeline of 1940 when Lindbergh won the presidential race, this series is prescient in so many ways to current events. It's really scary.
My Brilliant Friend (HBO HD) Series 2, Chapter 2. Equally interesting story of the lifelong friendship of 2 Italian women.
Even the Wind Is Afraid (VCI BD Zone Free) 1968. Classic Mexican horror film that doesn't rely on special effects to frighten the audience. Set in a girls' boarding school, it's a ghost story dealing with possession and revenge. The transfer is sometimes soft and the color leans toward pink. But I don't know what the film looked like originally. I enjoyed it.
Sarajevo Winter Olympic Games 1984 (Criterion BD) I just couldn't help but look at those children's faces and wonder how many survived the looming war. What a sad fate for a country to suffer! At any rate, a pretty good documentary that showed short clips of winners and thus covered a lot of ground in less than 90 minutes.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The Plot against America (HBO HD) Chapter 2. Although Philip Roth wrote the novel decades ago and set it in an alternate timeline of 1940 when Lindbergh won the presidential race, this series is prescient in so many ways to current events. It's really scary.
If you follow writer David Simon on Twitter, you can hear some of his profane tweets actually coming out of character's mouths. It makes me wonder if he stole the tweets from their scripts or if he used his insults for the scripts.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
If you follow writer David Simon on Twitter, you can hear some of his profane tweets actually coming out of character's mouths. It makes me wonder if he stole the tweets from their scripts or if he used his insults for the scripts.
Alas, for better or for worse, I don't engage in any social media such as Twitter, Facebook, etc. HTF is as far as I go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks