What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (4 Viewers)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Unchain ((Third Window Films BD Zone B) Toyoda's documentary about a boxer who gave himself the name Unchain. It documents several years of his life and that of some of his buddies who were also kickboxers and shootboxers. Hard subject matter for me to watch.
Tank Force (TCM) Directed by Terence Young, starring Victor Mature, Leo Genn. WWII desert action in CinemaScope.
The Girl Most Likely (TCM app) Leisen's final film starring Jane Powell warbling nicely and dancing to Gower Champion's choreography. Nice color print. A remake of Ginger Rogers's Tom, Dick and Harry.
The Little Hours (Netflix HD) Suggested by a tales(s) from Boccaccio's Decameron. Entertaining, lusty and wholly irreverent.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Unchain ((Third Window Films BD Zone B) Toyoda's documentary about a boxer who gave himself the name Unchain. It documents several years of his life and that of some of his buddies who were also kickboxers and shootboxers. Hard subject matter for me to watch.
Tank Force (TCM) Directed by Terence Young, starring Victor Mature, Leo Genn. WWII desert action in CinemaScope.
The Girl Most Likely (TCM app) Leisen's final film starring Jane Powell warbling nicely and dancing to Gower Champion's choreography. Nice color print. A remake of Ginger Rogers's Tom, Dick and Harry.
The Little Hours (Netflix HD) Suggested by a tales(s) from Boccaccio's Decameron. Entertaining, lusty and wholly irreverent.
Tank Force: That's one of the titles I most want on disc. It doesn't have to be Blu-ray, I'll settle happily for a DVD.

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched the Twilight Time Blu-ray disc of Kid Galahad today (the Elvis Presley version). It's a pretty good film with an excellent cast and Charles Bronson giving one of his most likable performances. The disc's good too which is a bit surprising since it came from MGM.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Tank Force: That's one of the titles I most want on disc. It doesn't have to be Blu-ray, I settle happily for a DVD.
The print of Tank Force on TCMHD was at least presented in its proper AR and 16:9. It had very good color but is has not been "restored." It's quite presentable, though. The story has many twists and turns...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did finally get The Parallax View watched. A pretty good streaming transfer though the dark scenes were sometimes a bit too dark and obscured some details. Brighter scenes looked very good indeed. The movie doesn't hang together as tightly as I might like, but it's still entertaining.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Bad Times at the El Royale (4K UHD BD) I had read good things about this film. Those expectations were met. Excellent transfer.
The Running Man (Arrow BD) Carol Reed directed. Lee Remick stars with Alan Bates and the title character, Laurence Harvey. Lee Remick stars; Lee Remick's gorgeous blue eyes; Lee Remick's bedroom eyes; Lee Remick's...I could go on and on and on...

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Tonight with fresh hot popcorn and Diet Coke.....the original Jurassic Park, the FIRST movie released in DTS.
35mm, flat, DTS
This one is always fun watch!!

Jurassic_Park_(franchise_logo).png

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll be watching Eddie Muller's comments for On Dangerous Ground today but finding other things on the TCM app to watch. TOnight, Instinct returns and there is also another episode of Endeavour that won't get watched until tomorrow.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Pin Up Girl (TT BD) Lightweight Betty Grable vehicle. Very silly plot. Good color all things considered.
The Age of Shadows (Netflix HD) A 2016 Korean film that won multiple Asian awards (deservedly so). Korea in the late 1920s. Resistance fighters try to destroy Japanese facilities in Seoul. Infiltrators from both sides abound. Not a cardboard thriller.
Roy Colt & Winchester Jack (Kino BD) Mario Bava's send-up of the spaghetti Western. Enjoyable.
The Woman Between (Kino BD) A 1931 pre-Code RKO turgid melodrama. Enlivened by a display of Lili Damita's quite shapely gams and figure. Also on display is the beautiful face of a very young Anita Louise.
I Wanna Hold Your Hand (Criterion BD) Had never seen this. Quite delightful and a great transfer. The scene of Nancy Allen caressing the guitar is classic. The whole scene is also reminiscent of Garbo's post-coital bedroom ballet in Queen Christina.

Last edited:

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
Last night I started a 007 rewatch. Dr No. Tonight was From Russia with Love followed by an episode of The Streets of San Francisco. I’ll be honest and say I have never been a big fan of Karl Malden but watching this show I’m revising that opinion. He has really impressed me with what he’s done with his character.
Plan is to watch one Bond film per night until I am through them all. I’m sure it won’t work that way but we’ll see.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Plan is to watch one Bond film per night until I am through them all. I’m sure it won’t work that way but we’ll see.

I have done something similar to that only a few days here and there on my days off I did 2 -3 Bond movies in one day. Am considering watching Skyfall tomorrow after work.

IMG_0213a.jpg

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I have gradually replaced any set of movies that were in a series with Blu rays (“Die Hard”, etc.). Most of the replacements now are in boxed sets. The last ones I had to replace were the 3 Narnia movies. Today we watched the first one.
It really shows how much CGI has improved since this was new. The animals are still wonderful, but the background often look like Hitchcockian back projection, and things like a sleigh look like toys.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last week I re-read Raymond Chandler's The Lady in The Lake and this prompted me yesterday to watch the film which I've never much liked. The big plus point for me was Jayne Meadows who really is good. It was also interesting to see Dick Simmons, a MGM character actor who only got very small parts, often without billing, in an important scene.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Last week I re-read Raymond Chandler's The Lady in The Lake and this prompted me yesterday to watch the film which I've never much liked. The big plus point for me was Jayne Meadows who really is good. It was also interesting to see Dick Simmons, a MGM character actor who only got very small parts, often without billing, in an important scene.
God, I love that film and watch it every Christmas season. Yes, Meadows is very good and so is Lloyd Nolan.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Looking for something quick to watch last night before the season premiere of Instinct, I found the Charlie Chan movie The Trap on Amazon Prime. It's a typical Monogram Chan cheapie, but I have to admit that although I've seen the movie once or twice, I didn't remember who the murderer was, and I was completely fooled at the end. So, it did what it was supposed to do, and that makes it a success in my book.

Today I'm starting the review process on an upcoming release, and while I probably won't finish it until tomorrow, the film is almost two hours and the commentary and other bonuses will take some time. I'll try to squeeze in Endeavour from last night during lunchtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    blitz
    Recent bookmarks