What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (5 Viewers)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched the 1958 Cat on a Hot Tin Roof tonight. Hadn't planned on it; just stumbled across it on Netflix while I was watching other things and surfing afterwards. I'd say if some enterprising producer wanted to remake a Tennessee Williams drama, this would be the one to tackle since it wouldn't be burdened by the restrictive Production Code as this version was.

Toronto Argonauts

Supporting Actor
Mississauga, Ontario Just West of Toronto
Real Name
David Thompson
I picked this up on the cheap .

upload_2019-6-9_0-0-42.jpeg

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Still surprised no one else has commented on “Letterkenny”. We just binged watched “seasons” 4 and 5, and as usual, laughed our asses off.
It is a show from “Crave” tv I believe, and although we don’t subscribe, the library has each “season” on DVD. (I put “season” with quotations because each only consists of 7 episodes.)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The Tony Awards are tonight, so I'll definitely be watching that. Until then, I'm still streaming things from Netflix and Prime, and I've got last night's Noir Alley to attend to today, too.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
How was the movie? I have not seen it and am debating on picking it up.
We avoided the movie on the theatre, but I ordered the 3der from Britain. I really enjoyed it and watched it multiple times already, especially in 3D. It motivated me to get the book out of the library. The movie parallels it more closely than is usually the case.

Toronto Argonauts

Supporting Actor
Mississauga, Ontario Just West of Toronto
Real Name
David Thompson
How was the movie? I have not seen it and am debating on picking it up.
Hello Dave Just like you I have never seen this movie. It was a blind buy. The movie was mastered in 8k and as one of the critics pointed out it seemed to borrow from different franchises e.g. Terminator, Lord of the rings etc. The colours were excellent and if I had Dolby vision it would be even better. Unfortunately my Sony could not be updated to carry DV.I just have HDR10. The sound was all around excellent. The movie was entertaining and full of action and special effects.
Regards

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Last night:
The Commuter (VUDU 4K UHD HDR10 Stream) Good thriller. Neeson plays the moral hero making the right choice.
The Wages of Fear (BFI BD Zone B) Be aware that this is a longer cut than the Criterion disc. What a great thriller this is! Clouzot is a master of suspense; the acting is superb.
Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno (Arrow Academy BD) A documentary about the aborted production featuring the footage shot by Clouzot starring Romy Schneider and Serge Reggiani. Fascinating experiment. Clouzot seemed to suffer some sort of artistic crisis and subsequently suffered a heart attack. End of production.
The Mystery of Picasso (Arrow Academy BD Zone B) Another Clouzot film, this one documenting Picasso at work. Picasso stipulated that the works created for this documentary had to be destroyed after completion of the shoot, so this is the only documentation of these works.
Tonight I'll be watching The Tony Awards. After that, who knows?

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
After watching The Tony Awards, I settled for a TCM app movie made in 1983 by Haile Gerima: Ashes and Embers, about an African-American 'Nam veteran. Non-linear storytelling. Strong stuff. Glad I caught it.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Today I watched Good Day For a Hanging, a very clever variation on the "liberal" themes in film such as Knock On Any Door and Twelve Angry Men. Fred MacMurray, as always, was excellent without seeming to do any acting! Joan Blackman, whom I always think of as an Elvis Presley co-star, plays his idealistic but naïve daughter. It's a good film. I wonder if Sony will ever give it the high definition treatment.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Used the TCM app last night to watch The Falcon in Mexico, entertaining fluff after watching the Tonys fluff.
Today:
Dark Phoenix (3D XD DCP Dolby Atmos) More X-Men.
This will be my last post here until the 20th of this month. I'll be traveling to the Library of Congress in Culpeper, VA, to watch some silent films and a rare John Wayne from 1937 (reportedly one of his worst). Will report when I get home.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Used the TCM app last night to watch The Falcon in Mexico, entertaining fluff after watching the Tonys fluff.
Today:
Dark Phoenix (3D XD DCP Dolby Atmos) More X-Men.
This will be my last post here until the 20th of this month. I'll be traveling to the Library of Congress in Culpeper, VA, to watch some silent films and a rare John Wayne from 1937 (reportedly one of his worst). Will report when I get home.
Have a safe trip! I must say I admire your discipline in watching so many movies each day as I get easily sidetracked by other interests like sports.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I availed myself of TCM's Doris Day tribute marathon by watching On Moonlight Bay and Please Don't Eat the Daisies off the TCM app tonight. Haven't seen either of those in a period of years, so it was nice to reacquaint myself with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks