What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (6 Viewers)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
As for today's viewing, I think I'll be reviewing something today, but if for some reason it was delayed in the mail, I'll select another Deanna film, probably Mad About Music.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
220px-Invisibleagent.jpg

First time viewing for this. Best with an adult beverage Part serious/Part camp - The invisible man meets - Nazi's and Japanese WWII enemies - meets Hogan's Hero's - meets Larry, Moe & Curly. Lots of special effects and most not too bad for 1942 - a couple of strings visible. I think I liked it but I'm not sure.:P

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
220px-Houseofwax1.jpg

Today's Matinee while wife is out shopping.
Seldom does a film totally change a career. Recently we were discussing (Mystery and Crimes series of the 30's and 40's) how Murder My Sweet changed Dick Powell from a crooner to a tough guy forever. Well House of Wax changed Vinny Price from a leading or supporting male lead in drama and costume pictures to the master of the macabre for his and our betterment. Good film (better in 3D) and a nice print.
Fun to see Charles Bronson with his first great speaking lines "UHH!" and Morticia Adams as Joan of Arc. What's not to love.

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Yesterday I was very busy.
1. The AA nominated shorts programs (DCP)
2. The High and the Mighty (TCM)
3. Color of Night (Kino BD)
4. Tomorrow (BD) A criminally unseen 1971 film with Robert Duvall at his finest. Screenplay by Horton Foote adapting a Faulkner short story. A tale of a common man's capacity to love and endure tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I watch 3D movies when my wife is out playing cards. She does not object to 3D at home, and has watched all the recent Marvel movies, Alita, Transformers, etc. in 3D at the theatre with me. What she objects to is seeing a movie twice. “Once and done” is her motto. She does not nag about my collection, but sees no need to ever own a DVD or Blu. I think she must have a much better memory than me.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have to give Universal credit for going above and beyond the call of duty on these Deanna Durbin films I've been watching (packaged and distributed under the TCM banner). I'm playing them on an upconverting Blu-ray player, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say they were high definition transfers. They are spotlessly clear and clean, sharp, and with crisp sound. I watched Mad About Music tonight, and the transfer was just spectacular.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll be watching Bohemian Rhapsody this afternoon on UHD.
I just got done with that 4K/UHD. I liked the movie more now than after my first viewing in a movie theater. I'm delving into the bonus material now. My afternoon viewing will be "A Star is Born" on 4K/UHD which would be my third viewing of this film.

queen-641x900.jpg

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I watch 3D movies when my wife is out playing cards. She does not object to 3D at home, and has watched all the recent Marvel movies, Alita, Transformers, etc. in 3D at the theatre with me. What she objects to is seeing a movie twice. “Once and done” is her motto. She does not nag about my collection, but sees no need to ever own a DVD or Blu. I think she must have a much better memory than me.
I understand. There are so many reasons to re-watch a movie. To focus on other elements in the film - to study the construction - to better understand sub-plots - or just to re-live a really great story. I have many movies that I have watched over 10 times and several of them are mysteries. I remember who did it - I just want to go along for the ride.:thumbs-up-smiley:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The Plague of Florence (1919) directed by Otto Rippert and scripted by Fritz Lang. Spectacular sets, costumes, and a cast of thousands. (Kino BD)
The Sisters Brothers (HDX stream)
Widows (4K stream)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I didn't get to finish Bohemian Rhapsody last night. A phone call from a friend I hadn't heard from for a long time led straight into the Oscars, so that will be my #1 priority today.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
After I finished Bohemian Rhapsody this afternoon (more about that in its separate thread below), I pulled out The Snoop Sisters and watched episode 2, "Corpse and Robbers." Helen Hayes and Mildred Natwick are such delightful performers that the lapses in plotting and overlength seem almost unimportant.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks