What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (5 Viewers)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last night I watched the DVD of Man In The Vault, one of the few films where William Campbell plays an all-round nice guy. The film was originally released by RKO and the DVD says the copyright is held by RKO, but because it was a Batjac production Paramount issued the very good DVD.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
upload_2019-2-20_9-44-9.png
Cold Hands, Warm Heart
upload_2019-2-20_9-45-25.png

episodes 1-9

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I streamed Wind River again tonight from Netflix. It was just a month ago that I streamed this haunting film from them, and I was back again tonight for seconds. I don't know how much longer they will have it available, so I'm thinking I might need to get my own copy. The Blu-ray is actually cheaper than the HDX stream, so that may be the way to go.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Just watched Duel in the Sun (Kino BD) continuing my Jennifer Jones/King Vidor retro from last night. Too bad the transfer was lacking what I saw in Selznick's 35mm vault print.
Then, to continue the Western theme, and Gregory Peck, I watched The Big Country (Kino BD). Now this was a great transfer of a great film!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I wouldn't mind rewatching Laura. Thanks for the suggestion.
I got some Deanna Durbin DVDs in the mail today (the TCM Vault Collection), and I watched one that I didn't have on disc or videotape, Because of Him, her second film with Charles Laughton and her third film with Franchot Tone. A rather average outing, but she sings a lovely duet with herself to "Lover" and a melting rendition of "Danny Boy."

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I got some Deanna Durbin DVDs in the mail today (the TCM Vault Collection), and I watched one that I didn't have on disc or videotape, Because of Him, her second film with Charles Laughton and her third film with Franchot Tone. A rather average outing, but she sings a lovely duet with herself to "Lover" and a melting rendition of "Danny Boy."
Deanna...Even in her weaker films Deanna is, well, Delightful. Lovely singing voice. I have seen all her films; yes, even those films, mostly thanks to Bill Everson and his undying love and admiration for Deanna.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I had seen it before, a long time ago on television when a local station had a Universal syndication movie package that contained almost all of her 1940s output. I watched those so many times that I began to favor them over her juvenile efforts of the 1930s even though those were more imaginatively directed and wildly popular.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Yes, I had seen it before, a long time ago on television when a local station had a Universal syndication movie package that contained almost all of her 1940s output. I watched those so many times that I began to favor them over her juvenile efforts of the 1930s even though those were more imaginatively directed and wildly popular.
I meant those films that are out of circulation. I saw those thanks to Everson.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I meant those films that are out of circulation. I saw those thanks to Everson.
AH, yes. I only got to see Spring Parade via YouTube, but it was an OK print, and I really enjoyed it. I saw Christmas Holiday before it became hard-to-get. I think the only one I've never seen was The Amazing Mrs. Halliday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    acinstallation715
    Recent bookmarks