What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (2 Viewers)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Kino BD festival yesterday:
The High Commissioner
Witness to Murder (John Alton's cinematography is extraordinary)
Country (Jessica Lange's AA nominated performance)
Nothing Sacred (redux)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Since I reviewed the latest A Star Is Born yesterday, I felt inclined to revisit What Price Hollywood which has some of the same plot points and poignancy of the later versions of the story. It was on the TCM app where I streamed it tonight.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Shadowlands-823x408.jpg

Peg and I watched this the other night--for the first time. We both liked it a lot!

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
51YVOpHxUUL._SY445_.jpg

A fun re-visit last night. Many complain about this version because of the many inaccuracies but I think this is the movie that Houdini himself would have loved. He was all about image and legend. After all - magic is the professional lying business. The film moves along briskly with lots of excitement. Wish the print quality was up to the movie quality.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Today's viewing will be "To Kill a Mockingbird" at my local cinema. I liked that below warning on the movie poster as "not being suitable for children", as my parents apparently didn't listen to that warning and took me and my siblings to see it back in 1962. There were a few movie scenes that scared the crap out of young Crawdaddy.:) I got over it until I saw "The Night of the Hunter" on TV for the vary first time and got the crap scared out of me again. There was a third film that I saw as a kid on TV that did the same thing to me "The Window".

220px-To_Kill_a_Mockingbird_poster.jpg

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Somewhere In The Night yesterday, a film that never stays firmly in my memory. I'll have to watch the last ten minutes or so again today because I'm still not sure who did what three years earlier! The writers were obviously influenced by the characters played by Sydney Greenstreet in The Maltese Falcon and The Mask Of Dimitrios. The film has many familiar character actors in small roles: in the opening scene are John Kellogg, Philip Van Zandt and John Russell, all uncredited!

Today I'm going to sample the commentary track on the Blu-ray disc of The Grissom Gang.

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Lang's Spies (Kino BD) Great thriller
Horror Express aka Trans-Siberian Express (Arrow BD) with Cushing and Lee. A remake of The Thing from Another World
May's A New Leaf (Olive BD redux) What a delight!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Today's viewing will be "To Kill a Mockingbird" at my local cinema. I liked that below warning on the movie poster as "not being suitable for children", as my parents apparently didn't listen to that warning and took me and my siblings to see it back in 1962. There were a few movie scenes that scared the crap out of young Crawdaddy.:) I got over it until I saw "The Night of the Hunter" on TV for the vary first time and got the crap scared out of me again. There was a third film that I saw as a kid on TV that did the same thing to me "The Window".

220px-To_Kill_a_Mockingbird_poster.jpg
As I watched this film today for the umpteenth time, I got a little emotional during two key scenes in the film. Once when the Reverend tells Scott to stand up at the courtroom because her father was passing and near the end of the film at the Finch house. I actually had to wipe away some tears. Just a great film!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
As I watched this film today for the umpteenth time, I got a little emotional during two key scenes in the film. Once when the Reverend tells Scott to stand up at the courtroom because her father was passing and near the end of the film at the Finch house. I actually had to wipe away some tears. Just a great film!
Like you, I have watched this movie many, many times, and it never fails to make me weep. When Boo is revealed behind that door for the rest of the scene, my eyes are always swimming. And that moment in the courtroom has gotten to me every single time I have watched the movie even as a kid in the theater.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I watched an episode of an anime called "The Magnificent Kotobuki". It is about a group of female fighter pilots contracted to protect a dirigible from air pirates. it is an alternate Earth fantasy, where the women fly Hayabusa fighters and contend with a range of enemies flying different Japanese types such as the A6M Zero. It is a typical anime, but I like watching it just for the dogfights alone. The computer animators do some fine work in animating the aircraft so the movements appear fluid and realistic looking.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have watched Hitchcock's The Wrong Man many times (I even reviewed it once in a Hitchcock DVD box set), but today I'll see it for the first time on Warners' Blu-ray release. Looking forward to it.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The Lemon Drop Kid (Kino BD)
Street Smart (Olive BD) Morgan Freeman was nominated for a Best Supporting Actor AA for this performance in 1986.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Mirai (DCP) Nominated for AA Best Animated Feature
Minding the Gap (PBS HD) Nominated for AA Best Documentary
Alita (IMAX 3D)

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
250px-Doctor_Who_-_An_Adventure_in_Space_and_Time_Poster.jpg

Had this for some time and finally got around to it. Fascinating glimpse into how a modern myth is born. Well worth the watch and must viewing for Dr. Who fans.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks