What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (6 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Peg and I have been busy the last few nights.

We had our first ever viewing of:

90bbb38fcb3d8c62684d087bc29dba20.jpg

And then during a marathon gift wrapping session we spun up both:

elf-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(3).jpg

And

nativity-story-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(1).jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Tomorrow I'll have some TV to catch up with, but I'll be selecting a Kino Blu-ray from the stack of those I've accumulated over the last few months.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Yesterday I watched The Last Command for the first time since I can't remember. I'd forgotten most of the details and in particular I'd forgotten Anna Maria Alberghetti was in the film. I know her mainly as a singer and I have one of her albums but she did make a few films including Ten Thousand Bedrooms with Dean Martin. (I'd like to see that film again too) The Last Command is a pretty good film and the Alamo battle sequence is really good. I'm very pleased to have this Blu-ray disc in my collection.

It's back to DVD today. I'm watching The High And The Mighty tonight.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I spent an afternoon streaming various shows, and then I stumbled across The Talk of the Town on Prime, so not having seen it recently, I started streaming it and will finish when I return to the theater room.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
We're in binge watch mode with Stranger Things. We didn't get on the bandwagon when it started off, but we are now hooked. My wife usually isn't into the whole monster thing but she said she is hooked on this one. Called it mix of X-Files and Stand By Me.

Was cool hearing Tangerine Dream mixed into the soundtrack. One of my fav groups from that era.

Stranger_Things_logo.png

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
upload_2018-12-19_9-9-5.png

finally some free time, the persona alone is one of the reasons that film exist , the supplements are outstanding as well , hopefully can work on some more titles as the week progresses

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Continuing with tradition of watching holiday movies, I'll be watching Remember the Night on Blu-ray today.
I've also been in Christmas-movie mode the last few weeks. Last night was "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." Leaning towards "Holiday Inn" tonite. Or perhaps an alternate version of "The Christmas Carol" (saving the main one - Alistair Sim - for closer to Christmas).

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Lone Star last night. It's a fairly routine Western with an OK script from Borden Chase. Clark Gable, as usual, was good but so was Broderick Crawford. Nice to see James Burke in a substantial role for a change.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Continuing with tradition of watching holiday movies, I'll be watching Remember the Night on Blu-ray today.
Yup! That's on our list of movies to watch. But last night was:

the-bishops-wife-cary-grant-loretta-everett.jpg

We love this film!

One of the things that makes me laugh every time is when the various servants and lesser female characters see Dudley and just melt. I get it...it is Cary Grant and all... :laugh:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Vudu had their own sale for the last few days, and I bought Breakdown in HD for $4.99. I'll watch it today. I've always found it a great thriller.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Vudu had their own sale for the last few days, and I bought Breakdown in HD for $4.99. I'll watch it today. I've always found it a great thriller.
I watched this one tonight via Vudu streaming. What a terrific nail-biting thriller. I remember being all wrought up in the theater when I saw it the first time, and I have the same reactions every time I watch it. It's wonderfully paced and edge-of-your-seat exciting.

My laserdisc will now bite the dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks