What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (3 Viewers)

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
518oHwOKn2L._SY445_.jpg

My DW said Halloween is over.:P

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last night I watched Song Of The Islands, one of Betty Grable's lesser films. (Betty deserved better! :) ) Apart from some excruciating mugging from Jack Oakie - and that was the screenplay's fault - the cast all did quite well, so I assume director Walter Lang should get the credit. Despite the screenplay being feeble and the songs mediocre, I enjoyed the film, but that was mainly because I like Betty Grable a lot. I'm going to upload a photo of her into the Tribute To Blondes thread.

The Fox MOD disc provides rough images which all look slightly out of focus but, strangely, the colors are not bad, although I must admit I don't know what this film looked like when it was first released.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Just watched the new Blu ray iteration of “Invasion of The Body Snatchers”. Image is pristine.
I never noticed the ridiculous costume the main love interest wears when we first meet her! She says she is going to help “Dad at the store”! — costume store?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll be making a very large Criterion order later today, so I thought maybe I'd better finishing watching some of the discs I got during the July sale. I've picked out Midnight Cowboy for today.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
mamma-mia-900x505.jpg

It was...okay.

Seen worse. Like the original, it was pretty. And it sounded great. The disc is awesome. And while there were some fun moments...I won't be rushing to watch it again.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Still playing TV catch-up and have a couple of movies on the DVR recorded from TCM that I want to watch including last night's Noir Alley The Sniper. I'm also two episodes away from finishing Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Designing Woman last night. I've never much liked this film but because Robert Harris enthused about the Blu-ray disc, I decided to buy it. The disc certainly improves the film for me, and I enjoyed it yesterday far more than ever before. Dolores Gray was a delight. I wish her full recording of There'll be Some Changes Made was available as an extra on this disc.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Still playing TV catch-up and have a couple of movies on the DVR recorded from TCM that I want to watch including last night's Noir Alley The Sniper. I'm also two episodes away from finishing Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
I think "The Sniper" is an outstanding film that was made for less than a million dollars and mostly filmed on location in San Francisco.

Over the last 24 hours I watched the following films:

The Last of the Mohicans (1936)
These Three (1936)
Wuthering Heights (1939)
The Sniper (1952) (Watched it twice, once with Eddie Muller's DVD Commentary)

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Peg and I watched my Anchor Bay/StudioCanal DVD tonight of:

kind-hearts-and-coronets-1949-poster.jpg

It's our first-ever viewing of the film. Although we have seen a couple theatrical productions of the musical A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder.

I now believe I am smitten with Joan Greenwood.
Thanks Mike - now another one I gotta buy:P

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Joan Greenwood never lost that marvelous gravelly pitch to her voice. As an elderly Lady Selina Hazy in the Joan Hickson Miss Marple TV-film At Bertram's Hotel, she is still enchanting, gossiping about everyone in sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks