What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (7 Viewers)

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I'll be watching the last of the 1940's Charlie Chan movies today - Sky Dragon. Kind of sad to see it end because this is the only one left that I have never seen. Maybe I need to begin back with the Fox entries and work my way through them again.

Maltin disparages these final films, but I don't find them any less poorly made than any of the other Monogram entries. If I had a complaint, it's that they give away the murderer's identity too early in the film. The Feathered Serpent that I watched yesterday revealed his identity before the halfway point leaving not much guesswork for the mystery buff. It was certainly fun to have both Keye Luke and Victor Sen Yung in yesterday's installment. I can't remember another one where Charlie had two of his sons assisting him.

I confess that I like Rowland Winters the least of the Chans. He was too wooden for my taste. That said, if someone finds a new one - I'm in! I've watched pretty much every mystery series made in the 30's and 40's and enjoyed them all but I have a fondness for the Chans. The mystery is gone - I have watched them so many times that I remember at the beginning who done it (even with my memory)- but I still watch just to see Chan figure it out. Enjoy your last - you are no longer a virgin.:blush:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This morning, I streamed "Kid Glove Killer" on Filmstruck/The Criterion Channel.

61QXpdSSeZL._SY445_.jpg

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
We have a couple coming over that have never seen a 3D movie before so - my go to 3D demonstration movie is going on the big screen. Lots of pop outs - mine ride - dino's - glowing birds - what a wild 3d trip and although not a great film - a lot of fun.
81HFX6SwrTL._SX342_.jpg

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
:rolling-smiley:

I live in a retirement city. Movies with sound and color are a miracle. Welcome to my world.
Next the internet!!!!

HA! Some people are remarkably out of touch. My brother-in-law lives in down town Toronto. During a recent conversation he asked “what’s an Uber”?

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
We have William Powell on deck as well. Wish they would release these on Blu Ray.
thinman.jpg
Many of us would LOVE the six films, but they need work; the first one particularly seems in bad shape. Probably because it was so popular and the OCN got overused.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Harper and The Drowning Pool have just arrived so I'll watch at least one of them tonight.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I dipped into my True-Life Adventure DVD tins tonight and watched The Living Desert and The Vanishing Prairie. Tomorrow, I'll watch one of my favorites - Jungle Cat.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched this week's Noir Alley presentation Stranger on the Third Floor tonight, an early noir and an unusual one I'd never seen before. As Eddie mentioned, tidied up too quickly for its happy ending but the meat of the movie was unsettling and moodily effective.

And Eddie Muller's commentary before and after the movie was simply magnificent. He has so much information to impart and does it so fluidly and interestingly.

Next week: Crossfire.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Dark Knight Rises UHD Blu

Enjoyed it a lot more the second go around (had only seen it once at the theater). As a Batman fan, I think I went in a little skewed with my issues of how they use Bane, etc... PQ and HDR were good, imax shots are excellent of course. Still suffered from some of the soft look and dark crush you see in TDK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks