What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (4 Viewers)

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
I think Good Neighbor Sam tonight, i never seem to tire of this film comedy. Then some film noir with Rogue Cop.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
davidHartzog said:
I think Good Neighbor Sam tonight, i never seem to tire of this film comedy. Then some film noir with Rogue Cop.
Is Rogue Cop available on disc?

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
No, my copy of Rogue Cop was taped off TCM. It's a good copy but I'd still like a studio release, preferably on Blu-ray.I don't think there's been a foreign release.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
davidHartzog said:
No, my copy of Rogue Cop was taped off TCM. It's a good copy but I'd still like a studio release, preferably on Blu-ray.I don't think there's been a foreign release.
Thank you. I imagine Rogue Cop will come out via the Archives sooner or later. A lot of Robert Taylor is now available on DVD-R.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
You are welcome. Yes, Tip on a Dead Jockey, House of the Seven Hawks, and Return of the Gunfighter are all pretty good. Cattle King is ok.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did manage to squeeze in Ghostbusters (lots of people objected to the grain but I liked the overall look of the movie) and Dredd 3D (disappointing 3D but a good enough popcorn cat-and-mouse thriller) and also rewatched Rise of the Guardians 3D since I couldn't really remember much about it.

No time for any leisure viewing apart from TV this weekend. I'm ankle deep in films and TV box sets for review.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Movies I've not seen yet...

Hunger Games
Argo
The Hobbit

Forgot I had them. Found a FYE bag behind other stuff on the shelf. Used discs. Went looking for Hunger Games a week or so ago...knew I had it, couldn't find it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Gravity in 3D this morning. What an extraordinary movie. Almost perfect, for my money. And then we watched All Boys tonight. Perfectly terrible...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have a stack of relatively new releases here (3D versions of The Wizard of Oz and House of Wax along with new BDs of Stalag 17 and From Here to Eternity) but no time in which to watch any of them right now. I have a deluge of TV box sets to review, so I'll be spending my weekend with them (and Criterion's next releases), and the leisure viewing will just have to wait. I will have some TV shows for this week to catch up with in my off hours. This is always such a busy time of year for me.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Enemy Of The World and The Web Of Fear purchased off of ITunes.Yesterday was a great day for Doctor Who fans.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, for one, then some 30s Hitchcock, inc. Secret Agent and Man Who Knew Too Much.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I finally watched Hunger Games yesterday. Decent movie, but I'm obviously not the target demographic...

This weekend...fluff...

La Dolce Vita(I consider it fluff...)
The Libertine(Depp)
either 10 Things I hate About You, She's All That or Boys and Girls

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
I finally watched Hunger Games yesterday. Decent movie, but I'm obviously not the target demographic...
Great minds...,Sam. I watched The Hunger Games yesterday for the first time, too.

It was pretty much what I expected. Jennifer Lawrence made it all worthwhile even though it was fairly predictable. It would have been nice to have a little more set-up--a historical perspective, perhaps--in the run-up to the Games. I felt as if we were expected to just upset this complex premise pretty easily.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Prolly watching the same thing I've watched the last few weekends: not a lot. Work is still kicking my butt and this is going to be a work weekend. Upside: Overtime. Downside: Lack of sleep time.

We may squeeze in our Netflix movie this weekend, but that's about it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Got an early start as I watched Captain Phillips at my local theater. Also, viewed the pseudo HD broadcast of Inherit the Wind on TCM today.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Last night I watched the U.K. Blu-ray of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. It is region-free and overall is excellent. Why this has not been released in the U.S. remains a perplexing mystery.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I watched World War Z today. I'm kinda surprised I liked it as much as I did.

I tried watching the Walking Dead and it just didn't do anything for me. This I rather enjoyed. Brad Pitt was quite good.

My UK purchase of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is on my short list.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
I have a *&$%load of recently purchased blu's waiting to be watched (I wonder if a blu-not watched is as sad as a toy not being played with? :huh:

Hoping to have some time this weekend for:

I Married a Witch

High Plains Drifter

The Eagle Has Landed

The Apartment

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did manage to sneak an hour and a half or so to watch The Wizard of Oz 3D last weekend (loved it), but again, the prospects seem rather bleak to get to anything new this weekend since I'm tackling that John Cassavetes five-film box set from Criterion, and it will take all weekend to get through it all. I'll be lucky to catch up with various TV shows that I haven't had time to watch yet from the past week.

Maybe next weekend I can get to House of Wax in 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks