What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I can't agree with that. I hope you're not suggesting that anyone is allowed to say or write anything they like about someone regardless of whether it's true or not.
Then we disagree as I don't get bent out of shape about these audio commentaries as you've been with some of them. I think you had an issue with The Barefoot Contessa commentary which didn't bother me as it did you.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Last night the wife and I watched The Book of Life. I picked it up after reading about the controversy over it and Coco.

TheBookofLife_7273200_031604._V331766946_RI_SX940_.jpg

I didn't know there was a controversy - is it that Pixar is ripping off a movie that Fox just made a couple years ago? I know almost nothing about Coco but when I saw a brief description, I thought it sounded exactly like Book Of Life (which I really enjoyed).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Clearly, they share a similar subject but having seen neither movie, I'm curious as to how close Coco actually is to Book Of Life. Are the criticisms coming from people who have actually seen Coco or did they see a trailer and have nothing better to complain about on Twitter that day?

EDIT: Just to be clear, I realize you're just providing a link so I'm not directing this at you, Rodney. :)

Last edited:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No worries, Travis. In fact, I share that same thought as it isn't even out yet.
At least the Kimba the White Lion folks waited until after The Lion King came out to voice their objections.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Just finished "Joysticks" (1983)
It's on Amazon Prime.
A fun 80's T&A arcade movie.
Never seen it before.
I think if it wasn't 80's I wouldn't have enjoyed it.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Well the plan was to have the new 4K UHD transfer of Terminator 2 by my birthday and watch it but it is postponed till the beginning of the year assuming there is no other problems. Terminator 2 on 4K UHD BD will be among the fist movies watched in 2018! I might watch my BD version before and re watch it when the 4K UHD BD arrives.

Hi Dave Yes its been quite a traumatic saga for T2 fans regarding the UHD release which has turned more into a when will it escape now. The Blu-Ray & 3D look ok in the pipeline for 4th Dec which is quite a long way from what was the original Oct date but I fear you will have to wait a bit longer for the UHD with as yet no firm date given for its release. I'm sure it will come but those looking to buy will have to wait a little longer.

A very happy Birthday to you. I'll be looking forward to watching it in 3D once again but this time on our home cinema screen specs at the ready.:)

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
It's alive! Sorry It's arrived :lol:

The Mysterious Mr.Wong starring Bela Lugosi and delightful Arline Judge. Never thought I would see the day this had a scan and available on Blu-Ray dating back to 1934. Good old Monogram.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
It's alive! Sorry It's arrived :lol:

The Mysterious Mr.Wong starring Bela Lugosi and delightful Arline Judge. Never thought I would see the day this had a scan and available on Blu-Ray dating back to 1934. Good old Monogram.

So, is the quality for The Mysterious Mr. Wong good enough to warrant a Blu-ray purchase ?

I'm really disappointed in Olive's Blu-ray of "Return of the Ape Man".
If such poor elements are all that exist, then Olive should shower us with extras.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Now that both Baseball season and Halloween season are over, I can get back to films.

This weekend I plan on a John Howard “George” double feature
Lost Horizon
The Philadelphia Story

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've just watched Footsteps In The Fog, an enjoyable murder/suspense movie about the strange love/hate relationship between a well-to-do murderer and his conniving below-stairs housemaid. Stewart Granger and Jean Simmons play the entwined couple and there are good supporting roles for Finlay Currie, Belinda Lee and Bill Travers.

The Sony DVD is pretty good but there are a few moments when the images are distorted. As originally this film was a Columbia release, I wonder if the Sony magicians will restore Footsteps In The Fog.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks