What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (1 Viewer)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Now that the baseball season is over (For the Yankees) and the girlfriend is not hogging the TV anymore.....

It's movie time!!!

Frankenweenie.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Unfaithfully Yours last night, for the first time in many years. I originally saw this film during a Preston Sturges season at a repertory theater. I loved the film's dark humor immediately and became an instant fan of Barbara Lawrence. I was already a big fan of both Rex Harrison and Linda Darnell. Sadly, Barbara Lawrence was never given many other opportunities to show how good she could be.

I hope Schawn Belston and his magicians at Fox restore this film at some stage and provide us with a dazzling Blu-ray disc.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Hidden (1987) on Warner Archive Blu-ray. An excellent disc and a really good low budget film.

Kelly's Heroes (1970) on iTunes HD Stream. The Panavision OAR is intact on iTunes stream, but is 1.85 on Vudu so be aware of the discrepancies.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hell on Frisco Bay on Warner Archive Blu-ray

In the middle of watching the HD stream of Lone Star (1996) on iTunes. I decided to buy that digital copy for $9.99 as I love this film.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Today I watched the U. K. Blu-ray disc of The Blue Dahlia. I've always liked this film although I now see very clearly that it has both Raymond Chandler's strengths and weaknesses: very poor narrative logic, good dialog and interesting characterization. The reliance on co-incidence is truly feeble and weakens the film severely.

What maintains my enthusiasm for this film is Alan Ladd and the scenes of violence. Raymond Chandler was totally wrong in his famous assessment of Alan Ladd. Humphrey Bogart is a small boy's idea of a tough guy. Alan Ladd's calm, stoical, persona is much more like the real thing.

The U. K. disc is pretty good. Zone B locked of course.

Today I'll be watching T-Men and Hell On Frisco Bay.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Three very different films, a mix of Netflix and discs, my first time seeing each:

-It Follows
-The Big Heat
-Son Of Paleface

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last night I watched A Scandal In Paris, one of Douglas Sirk's less celebrated films. It's a light-hearted movie about a total scoundrel, played by George Sanders, and his relationships with women, two of whom are played by Carole Landis and Signe Hasso.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks