What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (7 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Today I tried to watch The Big Short. I lasted 37 minutes, then took the disc out of the machine threw it into the garbage. I'm not going to watch some hotchbodge mixture from people who don't know the differences between a proper story, a documentary and a video game.

Wow. And that's on my short list to watch soon.

Robert: I remember your favorable reports on that film when it was released.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
One of the things I remember hearing over and over about The Big Short is that it was a topic most people would never think they'd want to watch a movie about...and yet the topic was explained well and made totally accessible (and the bonus of Bale, Gosling, Carrell & Pitt).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One of the things I remember hearing over and over about The Big Short is that it was a topic most people would never think they'd want to watch a movie about...and yet the topic was explained well and made totally accessible (and the bonus of Bale, Gosling, Carrell & Pitt).
It's also a film that requires most people to view multiple times to fully understand what occurred in the film.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow. And that's on my short list to watch soon.

Robert: I remember your favorable reports on that film when it was released.

Don't listen to him. The film does jump around and takes some effort to follow; however, it all comes together at the end. It is a very good film. It follows the facts, for the most part, with a modification to a character's reason for their motivation and actions, but that was at their request.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Michael Jackson History Concert filmed in Munich 1997.
Interesting MJ insisted it was filmed in 720P HD way back then and enjoyable on Blu-Ray although the menu for the disc was never completed as far as extras go.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Reading on the TV on DVD/Blu-ray forum about the release of an anniversary edition of Firefly made me take Serenity off the shelf and watch it tonight. I watched it on HD-DVD since I had never replaced it with the corresponding Blu-ray.

I saw it in the theater and had watched it several times before (but not in a long while). I knew some key cast regular characters were killed during the film, but I was surprised that I had misremembered who lived and who died in a couple of instances. If the film had been a hit and they had made another one, I certainly would have missed those characters.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Hey Matt I forgot I had the movie Serenity and I have it on HD-DVD as well. I am going to have to revisit this one as I can not remember the last time I watched it.

IMG_9410a.jpg

September 21st, 2017 Thursday
Tonight's movie was:

Gardians Of The Galaxy
1080P BD upconverted to 4K UHD
7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

GuardiansGalaxe.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I viewed "It" the 2017 film version of Stephen's King novel. A really good horror film and thoroughly entertained.

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be going to my local cinema to watch To Catch a Thief and Rio Bravo. I don't think I ever seen either of these favorite films of mine on the big screen.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have seen both Rio Bravo and To Catch a Thief on the big screen. You're in for a treat.
Yeah, I was too young for Rio Bravo when it had its theatrical run. Of course, the same with To Catch a Thief. I'm sure it played in some revival theaters over the years, but I have no memory of seeing it like I did with Rear Window or North by Northwest.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Believe it or not, "The Amazing Colossal Man", 1957. We streamed this on the big screen through the Oppo and YouTube.

amazingcolossalman-columbia1 (VHSCollector.com) .jpg
. We streamed this on the big screen through the Oppo and YouTube.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Today I watched The Law And Jake Wade, a film I've always enjoyed. I especially like Robert Middelton's performance.

Now that this John Sturges/Robert Surtees movie has appeared on a disc which is a big improvement on the DVD, I hope another Sturges/Surtees Western, Escape From Fort Bravo will also come out on a Blu-ray disc that is hugely better than the sub-standard DVD.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Big Sick on Blu-ray. I blindly purchased this title after Ron Epstein was raving about it. After watching it, I have to agree with him about the quality of this film. I highly recommend it!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Today, for the first time in about twenty years, I saw a proper rendition of Love With The Proper Stranger. I haven't changed my opinion about this film from the first time I saw it. Natalie Wood And Steve McQueen are the real McCoy; genuine film stars with charisma and talent who hold your attention from the moment they appear. Nevertheless . . . . it must be said, if you want to see rock solid, unshakable, total talent, just look at Edie Adams. In a small, supporting role with little to work with, she is superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks