What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (1 Viewer)

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
For tonight, plan on watching the Blu-ray of Bela Lugosi playing Dracula, in the restored version of the 1931 film of that name.

Got motivated to want to see Mr Lugosi, back when he was in his prime, after having recently viewed a quite aged, and emaciated looking, Bela Lugosi, who nevertheless, still managed to imbue the traditional role of the mad scientist with some genuine energy, (while making a couple good speeches) in "Bride Of The Monster", which otherwise, is an extremely low budget travesty of a film, that was made by that famed schlockmeister, Ed Wood.

But, at least, "Bride Of The Monster" can sometimes be some pretty outrageous and hilarious schlock.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
For tonight, plan on watching the Blu-ray of Bela Lugosi playing Dracula, in the restored version of the 1931 film of that name.

Got motivated to want to see Mr Lugosi, back when he was in his prime, after having recently viewed a quite aged, and emaciated looking...
What's crazy to me is that Lugosi was nearly 50 when he made Dracula. I suppose it's a combination of the makeup, the costume and the acting but I never would have guessed he was that old in the movie.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Watched American Assassin last night, it was ok. Some serious problems with the ending... I gave it 3 stars out of 5.
american-assassin-ftr.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
September 16th, 2017 Saturday

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2
1080p BD Upconverted To 4K UHD
7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

Purchasing on 4K UHD BD! Will be buying Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales when available and I may end up with Cars 3 on 4K UHD BD. Sometime this week I will be watching Fate Of The Furious on 4K UHD BD.

guardians_of_the_galaxy_vol_two_new_poster3.jpeg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last night I was in the mood for a film with a strong but straightforward story containing both excitement and glamorous sexy women. James Bond films don't do it for me, apart from To Russia With Love and the first half of Thunderball. I thought about watching the MOD of Party Girl but decided instead to watch River Of No Return. I'm not an admirer of Marilyn Monroe but she's always easy on the eye, and Robert Mitchum is a major favorite. I enjoyed the film enormously even though I know just about every shot and every line of dialogue.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
but decided instead to watch River Of No Return. I'm not an admirer of Marilyn Monroe but she's always easy on the eye, and Robert Mitchum is a major favorite. I enjoyed the film enormously even though I know just about every shot and every line of dialogue.
She does total justice to those blue jeans she wore in that film.:thumbsup:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This morning i viewed the 4K/UHD disc of The Mummy (1999). Awesome disc!

Next up, watching Noir Alley with Eddie Muller showing In a Lonely Place. Will watch my Blu-ray of it and between watching and listening to Eddie's comments about this fine film.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I recorded Eddie's show this morning and will watch his comments before and after some time this evening. Will have more to say about his observations later today.

I agree about River of No Return. A wonderful piece of entertainment, and I find I can watch it every few months and thoroughly enjoy it each time.

This afternoon, I watched Broken Arrow (the wonderful James Stewart western). A nice, clear Fox transfer courtesy of Kino Lorber, but my heart ached at seeing the Eastmancolor rendition of film instead of the original Technicolor hues which Fox will forever deprive us of after ditching the three-strip negatives.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I rewatched The Help tonight. I hadn't watched it since I reviewed it several years ago when the Blu-ray was released, and it holds up beautifully and was just as funny and just as moving as I originally found it. Love the film.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I viewed my Criterion BD of In a Lonely Place with the audio commentary this time. An excellent commentary that Polan recorded with people without sight in mind due to the amount of description he utilizes throughout the commentary. A great film with excellent performances by Bogart and Grahame.

Also, viewed The Law and Jake Wade another fine Warner Archive release. An underrated western with Robert Taylor and Richard Widmark.

First episode of Ken Burn's The Vietnam War. I wish more people watch this documentary as people need to be educated and aware of our past mistakes in order to avoid some future ones.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I really enjoyed Eddie Muller's comments on In a Lonely Place. I wasn't ready to revisit the film again after reviewing it some months ago, but I'll look forward to my next viewing of it. It is a wonderful movie.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Today I tried to watch The Big Short. I lasted 37 minutes, then took the disc out of the machine threw it into the garbage. I'm not going to watch some hotchbodge mixture from people who don't know the differences between a proper story, a documentary and a video game.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Today I tried to watch The Big Short. I lasted 37 minutes, then took the disc out of the machine threw it into the garbage. I'm not going to watch some hotchbodge mixture from people who don't know the differences between a proper story, a documentary and a video game.
To each his own, but I found it one of the best films from a couple of years ago. I'm just waiting for those terrible lessons from that time period to repeat themselves in the near future.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Watched Prisoners on the weekend, as I'm trying to work my way through Denis Villeneuve's catalogue before seeing Blade Runner 2049. It has a curious resonance in the current political landscape, especially for Criminal Justice practitioners like myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks