What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (3 Viewers)

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Watched "Transformers The Last Knight" last night.
transformers-the-last-knight-1.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well seats ran out before I could reserve mine so unless it is moved into a larger room and seats added I most likely will not be seeing Gentleman's Agreement next week. :(

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched He Ran All the Way, too, and it was for the first time. Always wondered what Garfield's last film was like. Quite engrossing.
Garfield was my father's favorite actor so I credit him for turning me onto Garfield when I was about 12 years old. He's in my top ten favorite male actors and I'm close to having most of his films on some video format.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I don't think my parents were all that big movie fans. I can only remember going to a handful of movies with them during my childhood years (mostly Disney movies like Old Yeller and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea).

Thus, neither of them talked very much about movies or stars that they liked. My father (born 1912) did always say, however, that his two favorite movies were the 1935 Magnificent Obsession and Naughty Marietta! Now, my father was about as macho as any man could be: football/baseball scholarship to Clemson; big strapping guy who hunted and fished and played golf, tennis, handball, etc. And yet, his favorite movies didn't star macho guys like Cagney, Bogart, or Gable but a sentimental melodramatic tearjerker with Robert Taylor and Irene Dunne and a frothy, bewigged costume operetta with Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy. That has never ceased to amaze me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't think my parents were all that big movie fans. I can only remember going to a handful of movies with them during my childhood years (mostly Disney movies like Old Yeller and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea).
I didn't go to the movies very much with my father either. Mainly, drive-in showings during the summer with my mother and other siblings. With that said, growing up in the NYC Metro area I was exposed to several classic films via television broadcasts with the Million Dollar Movie, The Late Show, The Late, Late Show and such. During some of those viewings, but old man will watch some of them with me. He might not watch the entire movie, but would give me his opinion about certain movies and film stars that he liked when growing up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched They Live By Night again. It's my second viewing of this blu-ray, this time with the audio commentary by Eddie Muller and Farley Granger.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The SQ is excellent. Well, the entire presentation (including bonus features) is excellent, but the sound is...WOW! :thumbsup:

You 3-D fellas should really enjoy this release when it arrives. :D

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
Watched Wait Until Dark, 23 Paces to Baker St and Summer and Smoke on Blu, It Came From Outer Space and Kiss Me Kate in 3D, and since I unpacked a box of dvds, Seven Brides and Mourning Becomes Electra..... It was a good weekend for movies!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was thinking of watching Watchmen in 4K, but I'm wondering if it incorporates the Black Freighter animation before I open the package?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Tuesday, June 27th, 2017

Star Trek: Into Darkness
4K UHD BD
7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-Alternative-Movie-Posters-11 (1).jpg

Friday, June 30th, 2017

Star Wars: Rogue One
1080p BD upconverted to 4K UHD
7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

rogueonefanposter1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks