What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (2 Viewers)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
May 17th, 2017 Wednesday

Secret Life Of Pets
1080p HD Upconverted to 4k UHD
5.1 Dolby Digital Plus

secret-life-of-pets-poster.jpg

May 18th, 2017 Thursday

Jet Li's Fearless
1080p Blu-ray upconverted to 4K UHD
5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

2006-fearless-6.jpg

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
So what are your thoughts on the 4K UHD transfers of The Mummy transfer compared to the 1080p BD transfer?

The first one looked good. I haven't watched the blu-ray in a while but I think they did a decent job, HDR is not over done. I'm not an expert reviewer or anything like that. I'm guessing these are 2K DI not a new 4K DI or anything, however, I know one of my review friends sent a note asking. So far I'm satisfied.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Watched BAIT 3D a Australian film from 2011 which was rather fun. The making of included was interesting on a technical standpoint explaining the 3D RED camera rig used as well. Always appreciate these lower budgeted films where they put so much effort into them to make it all happen.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Finished all 3 Mummy movies last night. I thought all the transfers where clean, sharp with just the right amount of HDR. Overall I would recommend this set for anyone that liked the movies. It is not going to 4K Wow you but they are a solid 4K release.

Side note not a reviewer I'll leave that to the pros, just an average non-picky watcher. :)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
May 20th, 2017 Saturday

Unforgiven
4K UHD BD
5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

unforgiven_movie_poster_1992_1020537356.jpg

IMG_8783.JPG

My last time I purchase this title! 4K UHD is the last supported format for purchasing movies so some titles on 1080p and some on 4K UHD BD and that is all I need! 4K UHD is as far as I go so what ever titles that are purchased on 4K UHD BD are my masters for my personal library! Am looking forward to many good 4K transfers released on 4K UHD BD, hopefully we will see less and less 2K DCP's.

So happy to see Unforgiven on 4K UHD BD on of my western favorites next to Open Range, The Quick And The Dead and The Good The Bad And The Ugly.

Last edited:

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Got back from King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. It wasn't as bad as people say but it is just ok. It was a different take on the legend of King Arthur maybe not in a great way.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Man of Steel UHD
Read positive reviews about it so I grabbed it a few weeks ago. I really like the movie, PQ was excellent and it was a very good use of HDR IMO.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Finally got a chance to finally watch Super 8. Great film, but being it's a J.J.Abrams film, lenses flare is annoying. Outside of that I have to say the freight train crash is probably one of the most intense scenes I've heard in 5.1 since the Jurassic Park T-Rex scene.

Super 8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks