What's new

What's next in the SVS line? (1 Viewer)

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
What amp will be packaged with the SuperSub? It sounds like a K1 will not have enough power? (4) active drivers...will this thing be a 2 or 4 ohms? Can you set it up for 2 ohm...a K2 would drive a 2 ohm load!

BrianKR

Second Unit
What amp will be packaged with the SuperSub? It sounds like a K1 will not have enough power? (4) active drivers...will this thing be a 2 or 4 ohms? Can you set it up for 2 ohm...a K2 would drive a 2 ohm load!
From what I gather it will be @ 4 ohms and it will probably take a 2-3000 watt amp to drive it.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I think it is *about* 94dB/1w/2m...groundplane.Using what seems to be the industry standard for *sensitivity*---in room at one meter---we're looking at 106-109dB/1w/1m for a corner loaded unit(using 6-9dB for boundary reinforcement)
Is there any particular reason why you think it would need a multi-kilowatt amp?

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
If I am going to spend big bucks on a sub...I want to make sure I have enough power to drive it to insane levels. I hope the K2 will do that...I purchased it with the idea that I would use it to power dual 15.2's...but now maybe I will wait and check out the SVS Super sub! Did TV put 5KWatts into it to achieve 130dB?

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Did TV put 5KWatts into it to achieve 130dB?
According to his post, no. He used 5000watts to reach the 10% THD...to see what its limits were. Personally, I think you guys are crazy. :) In my room at my listening position my ears are killing me at ~100db. 130db? Personally I have no interest. But hey, more power to you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks