What's new

What's next in the SVS line? (1 Viewer)

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious if they are going to build Dual tubes in the future. I have 2 25-31CS+'s with the Sampson amp and I love them to death. I was thinking of pulling the trigger and buying 2 Ultra's for the living room(or switch the ones in my HT room). What I would really like would be 2 dual ultra's. ;) I have 4 Tempests lying around maybe I'll just build 2 dual sonotubes or something. I'm done rambling feel free to chime in.

BrianKR

Second Unit
SVS is hard at work on a new sub design (supersub).
I think this is going to be their flagship sub when it hits the market.
Here are a few tidbits from another forum dicussing this new sub with SVS owner Tom V.

>>>Any new info on the "SuperSVSub"? I'm hearing scary stuff...and I cannot wait.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
6 to 9hz!

We're gonna need a bassier movie for this sub to shine.

I suggest Hollywood gets to work on my sub-tastic new movie.

THE SUB-HUMANS!

A group of tuba playing scientists ride steamrollers into the cavernous caves below the surface of the earth in search of megalo-creature (With teeth 18 inches long).

Along the way the encounter an 18-wheeled Peterbilt driven by the devil, a troupe of Taiko-drum playing goblins, an atomic explosion, and possibly a few earthquakes.

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit
Real Name
S
Claude,

I was just going to say that....There will be a lot of bowel control problems with that sub in the house.

SteveHood

Agent
No, I don't think they will show pictures until after CES, which is from January 9-12. Judging only from the description it looks they are suggesting it will beat the Ultra in performance and include a finish similar to the SS series for about the same price as the Ultra. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

A

Anthony_Gomez

I'll be sure to let you know how it is after I come back from CES.

Who else is going to CES? Where are you peoples staying at? I'll be at the San Remo where The Show is held.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
I don't think the Sadhara is intended to compete with the SVS supersub. It says on the page that the Sadhara is under $1000... it was also mentioned somewhere [don't remember] that it would use a new 12" driver with the XBL technology that had similar output to a Tempest. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Either way, I really look forward to finding out how the SVS supersub works... and how it can be DIY cloned. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks