What's new

What's next for Family Guy (Movie Spoofs) (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have watched all the star wars spoofs by family guy and it has me wondering whats next:

1. Indiana Jones (Peter as Indiana Jones, Lois as the gal, but what do you do with Chris and Brian along with cameos for Meg)

2. Star Trek (Peter as Kirk, Lois - uhura, Brian as spock, Chris as McCoy, Quagmire as Scotty). You can make Stewey the klingon and/or khan.

3. Back to the future (Chris as Marty McFly, Lois as McFly's mother, Peter as mcfly father, brian as the doctor, Stewey could be biff)

I welcome people thoughts.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Based on the most recent commentary, it sounds like they aren't itching do any more parodies as its apparently a lot of work.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee

Based on the most recent commentary, it sounds like they aren't itching do any more parodies as its apparently a lot of work.

I read somewhere they are considering other spoofs, but, it could come down to cost and time. George Lucas was ok with the spoofs, but, other spoofs may not be as successful. I think it will come down to how Fox wants to managed the brand of family guy. Family guy is signed on until 2015. I think there may come a time to end the show, especially if the show starts to become stale and old ideas continue to be re-hashed.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
http://trekmovie.com/2010/12/31/watch-stewart-dorn-tng-gag-in-family-guy-star-wars-spoof-macfarlane-indicates-star-trek-spoof-is-next/

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
The only reason they sought out "permission" from George Lucas was due to his relationship with FOX.

Parody is protected under "fair use" and the first amendment of free speech - Legally they DIDN'T have to get Lucas' permission to parody - MAD MAGAZINE (and the shows) have been doing it for years. Heck, FAMILY GUY has been parodying since day one - it doesn't matter if it's one segment or a whole show.

I'm sure they'd do A LOT more full-form parodies if they didn't have the nervous legal department of Fox looking over their shoulders.

Basically, Fox gave Lucas money they didn't have to for Permission they didn't legally need.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Ugh, no thanks. The New Hope adaption was pretty good. Empire was Meh and Jedi was shit. At this rate, any further takes at movie parodies and I'll be praying for the sweet, sweet release of death before too long.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have watched all three parodies and enjoyed them, but here is my review

1. Blue Harvest - Stewey is very good as Darth Vader and seems to have the right lines and role in this episode. His discussion around the flaw in the death star is very good. Chris as Luke is very good and has the right amount of lines in the show. The cameos by Judd Nelson, Chevy Chase, Red Foxx, etc are brilliant timed. I would rate this episode a very good buy

2. Something, Something, Something Darkside - Stewey does not have a strong enough present, but, does have some good scenes, especially with the bounty hunters (ragedy andy). However, this episode is not as good, because it lacks addons, like Blue Harvest. I did like Cookie Monster being included in this episode.

3. Its a Trap - This episode has some good moments, like the darkside one it did not have enough addons. The Star Trek Next Generation was brilliant timed, but, the rest of addons were very weak.

I am not sure what happen with the last two parodies. I think these episodes were very weak compare to some of the other Family Guy episodes. I am also wondering if the brand is becoming stale and/or is running out of ideas. There is only so much you can do with 1970s and 1980s era stuff. If there are more parodies then it may be difficult to develop a proper parody, because the inability to addon stuff to scenes that makes sense.

Family Guy has had a good run, but, it may be time to re-think the direction of this show. I am not sure that next five years of episodes are going to improve due to the fact it appears ideas/addons are being re-hashed. Like any shows you need to bring in new ideas and concepts that fit with the show flow. I am just not sure there is more value that can be added to the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks