What's new

What's next for BCI? (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
David, Ill totally understand if you are not allowed to reply to this question, im about to ask.The question is, how much does it cost BCI ,to produce dvds for game shows like price is right, family feud , etc.??? Have these sold well enough for another volume????

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
I'm anxious for a new Match Game release, I hope that gets started soon. I'm also hoping for another Password set. Basically anything with Betty White would be lovely.

Great job on all the DVDs!

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing

looks like DVD's will hopefully still be released but under the Navarre name rather than BCI?

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
David, helps us out here. What is happening with BCI? The press release is a bit confusing. Looks like they are not going to license titles they currently have copyrights on but continue with their own catalogs as is? Or not? How does this impact all of the above older shows and movies for future release we have discussed?

Eric

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Sounds ominous to me. I'm concerned that others may follow, but I certainly hope not.

Gary "gosh, what horrible news to get so close to Christmas" O.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'm not surprised. When I first heard of this Company they were selling many of the Filmation Animated Series including Flash Gordon, The Archies, The Groovy Ghoulies & Sabrina, the Teenage Witch among others. In the last few months all I have seen from them is Game Shows. :frowning: Hopefully someone else will pick up the Cartoons.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Someone on another forum sent a test email to BCI and received the following reply: "BCI has been closed down. If you need to contact someone, please contact Bob Freese at Navaree (800) 728-4000".

So, wonder if BCI is shut down but Navarre will continue on with the above titles - or has David Levine been duped in thinking his job was secure or is he now part of Navarre? I say that because on the BCI Eclipse web page it clearly states: "BCI, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Navarre Corporation" But BCI was the "DVD" end of Navarre so...???

Eric

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Archies and Sabrina were Classic Media properties.

Seemed like BCI had released all they could from Filmation.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
With all due respect, I'm more concerned about David Levine and his fellow employees at BCI than I am about TV shows that might be in DVD release limbo. I've been laid off twice and, for those that haven't gone through it, it isn't a lot of fun, especially at this time of year. David is a valuable resource on this board and I hope circumstances permit him to continue his informed posts.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

Thanks Bob!

Caught us all by surprise. I guess the recession combined with the struggles of many of the major retailers finally caught up with us. It's going to be a tough time for all the studios for a while.

Fortunately foe me, I was with BCI for 7 years, so I should be OK for a while as I hunt for the next gig.

When I find that place (and if my new bosses let me), I'll start a new thread that will serve the same purpose as this one.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

David, I'm so sorry this happened. Like Bob, I want to express my deepest appreciation for all you contribute to the forum here. My thoughts are with you during this time and I'm glad you are in a position where you don't have to panic (a place I've been in before myself).

Gary "my Christmas wish and prayer for you, David, is that you find a great place to work and will report back to us as often as you can" O.

LCD22

Screenwriter
David, as a consumer, I really appreciate what you have brought to HTF. It's also nice to know another Jamie Oliver fan on this forum. ;)

To you and everyone at BCI, I wish the best this holiday season.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
That is terrible news.

I had already planned to get Password after the holidays, and now I have even more reason to do so.

Best wishes to you, David.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I do wonder if this is the "canary in a coalmine" of what we can expect across the industry in 2009. :frowning:

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
David, i have not posted in this thread for a while, but i wanted to thank you, and everyone else at BCI for the great work you guys did.
No matter what the future holds for you, i hope you still post. Your thoughts, and everything you bring to our discussions are a real insight.
Its hard to have fun in hard times, but i hope you will still be a part of this group.
Good luck, and thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks