What's new

What's more important...(Seperates or Speakers) (1 Viewer)

ArthurJ

Second Unit
Ok, if you had a couple thousand dollars (CAN) and you were starting to buy your equipment, but knew in a few months time you would have more money coming in that you can put towards your equipment, would you start off with the speakers you wanted and get a $hitty source, OR would you right off the bat get Seperates and try to find the BEST budget speakers out there for the price to hold you over until you can get the speakers you want?

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Arthur

I would wait the few months and get what you really want.

If I had to make the choice you are looking at, I would get the speakers you want now and upgrade the electronics when you have the money.

Speakers make vastly more difference than the electronics.

Artie

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I'd struggle it out for a few months and use that time to audition speakers making every effort to listen to them in my own home. Patience is the key here and searching out speakers can be kind of fun...oh, it's the speakers.

ArthurJ

Second Unit
Hmmm, maybe that is a good idea. For the price I'm getting the Rotel Seperates for there is really nothing in that price range that can compete, so there is really nothing to compare it to. So there's no two ways around that. With that said this means I can bring more speakers INTO my home on the equipment I WILL be using. Makes sense right? And I doubt I will be speakerless because I will be auditioning as many as possible before making my purchase. This means I can bring the Axiom M22Ti's in for a month, send them back, bring the M60Ti's in for a month, send them back. Get in a couple paradigms for a couple weeks each. By then I will know what I want. And I will have not wasted my money on lesser speakers, and have the burden of selling them! Good idea or no?

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
It really depends on what specific equipment. You need to know what gear you would mate for what speakers. In some cases speakers would be better and in others separates would be better.

By the way, I prefer Paradigm over Axiom personally, but audition both and see which you prefer.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
and being up in canada you can also play with the Totems, Dahlquists, and I'm sure there are others also. money burns a hole in the pocket for sure and i think if you take the time here to see about auditioning speakers and set your timetable a few months from now, you'll get a wonderful opportunity that few take advantage of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks