What's new

What's Left on Your Grail Show List? (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Here is my wish list

1. Sierra

2. Hogan Family

3. Serpico

4. o'Hara Treasury

5. 12'O clock high

6. Jericho (1960s)

7. The Ropers

8. Three's a Crowd

9. The Hooperman

10. Baa Baa Black Sheep (2nd season - Yes, 2nd season is available in Europe, but not north america)

11. Batman (yes, the original!)

12. Wonder Years

13. Rest of WKRP

14. Rest of Police Story

15. rest of CHiPs

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
The release of one-season shows such as Yancy Derringer and MacKenzie's Raiders gives me hope that we will see these one day:

Michael Shayne
The Richard Boone Show

I have no idea who owns the rights.

I'm hopeful about I Led 3 Lives, seeing as how several ZIV shows have been released recently.

Maybe we will see 77 Sunset Strip, Surfside Six, Hawaiian Eye, etc. if Warner can clear the music.

Stalled shows high on my list are Bilko and The Bob Newhart Show.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Richard Gallagher said:
The release of one-season shows such as Yancy Derringer and MacKenzie's Raiders gives me hope that we will see these one day:

Michael Shayne
The Richard Boone Show

I have no idea who owns the rights.

I'm hopeful about I Led 3 Lives, seeing as how several ZIV shows have been released recently.

Maybe we will see 77 Sunset Strip, Surfside Six, Hawaiian Eye, etc. if Warner can clear the music.

Stalled shows high on my list are Bilko and The Bob Newhart Show.
Michael Shayne, a Four Star production I owned by Fox, The Richard Boone Show, a Goodson-Todman production may be owned by Fremantle Media.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
How about this, NBC Thursday night 7:30 eastern/6:30 central time slot for ten years of westerns.The Outlaws (!960-62) three episodes already avalible in a Trek Stars Go West best-of compilation.Wide Country (!962-63) Timeless has this set avalible.Temple Houston (1963-64) Not avalible yet, Warners owns this show, but the pilot "The Man From Galveston" is out there on WB's MOD.Daniel Boone (1964-70) Season sets from Liberation all OOP.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
oldtvshowbuff said:
How about this, NBC Thursday night 7:30 eastern/6:30 central time slot for ten years of westerns.The Outlaws (!960-62) three episodes already avalible in a Trek Stars Go West best-of compilation.Wide Country (!962-63) Timeless has this set avalible.Temple Houston (1963-64) Not avalible yet, Warners owns this show, but the pilot "The Man From Galveston" is out there on WB's MOD.Daniel Boone (1964-70) Season sets from Liberation all OOP.
I don't think I'd classify Daniel Boone as a western. It was set in the late 1700's and wasn't in the western part of the country.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Another one on my list. The rest of the ALF cartoon and the ALFtales cartoons. There were one volume releases of both, bit never finished.Jthree

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Since Shout! is working with Fox again, I would love for Timeless to release the Rod Serling western The Loner.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
How about all the rest of the Herbert B. Leonard/Screen Gems series.The Adventures of Rin-Tin-Tin (the original, not the Cerulean version w/redubbed dialog in certain scenes and music cue substitutions, if you've seen it on Antenna TV, you'll know what I mean.)Tales Of The 77th Bengal LancersCircus Boy (weekends on Antenna TV)Rescue 8Tallahassee 7000 (Walter Matthau stars in this series)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
oldtvshowbuff said:
How about all the rest of the Herbert B. Leonard/Screen Gems series.The Adventures of Rin-Tin-Tin (the original, not the Cerulean version w/redubbed dialog in certain scenes and music cue substitutions, if you've seen it on Antenna TV, you'll know what I mean.)Tales Of The 77th Bengal LancersCircus Boy (weekends on Antenna TV)Rescue 8Tallahassee 7000 (Walter Matthau stars in this series)
I'd go for most of these . All good shows, deserving of release.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'd love to see Circus boy. I'd always known Monkee Mickey did that show but I don't remember seeing it. I'd absolutely buy it.

Not sure how the Monkees Summer tour went .... But sure don't want to wait until we lose another Monkee (namely Mickey!) before this is released.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Well...I would have listed "Hill Street Blues" and "The Rifleman" if I'd possessed greater faith. As hillbillies go...I'm easily entertained and these two show sure do it for me.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
JamesSmith said:
Another one on my list. The rest of the ALF cartoon and the ALFtales cartoons. There were one volume releases of both, bit never finished.Jthree
I wouldn't be surprised if that happens to tie in with the recently greenlit movie version from the people who made the Smurfs films.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
With the start of THE RIFLEMAN being released as complete seasons, the other vintage holy grails that have had complete releases are SEA HUNT and HIGHWAY PATROL. Here are the few others I really would enjoy.

SCIENCE-FICTION THEATER

THE REAL McCOYS (unedited episodes)

At least the first 4 seasons of LASSIE (the ones with Tommy Rettig)

ljgranberry

Second Unit
Real Name
Larry Granberry
My top ten:

1. The Defenders
2. Run For Your Life
3. The Loner
4. The 1950s Dragnet (in complete, remastered form)
5. Twelve O'Clock High
6. Ben Casey
7. 77 Sunset Strip
8. Adventures in Paradise
9. Toma
10. City of Angels

Don't get me started on the ones that have had complete releases (Route 66, Naked City) which were botched beyond all hope.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Of course I'm still waiting for the rest of :

Peyton Place
Green Acres
Burke's Law
Malcolm in the Middle
Knots Landing

In my wildest dreams I'd love to see a Time/Life Star Vista "Complete Series" set for Peyton Place with tons of extras!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks