What's new

What's Left on Your Grail Show List? (1 Viewer)

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
Batman 1966
Laugh-In
The Muppet Show (Seasons 4 and 5...would love for Season 1 to be re-released without the music edits)

The rest I would like released on Blu-ray:
The Brady Bunch
The Flintstones
Wonder Woman
I Love Lucy
Gilligan's Island
The Munsters
The Addams Family

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don't have much.Hot L Baltimore The Magician St Elsewhere Lady Blue Drew carey Muppet show Early Sctv epsMy World and Welcome to itI'm sure there are more but it's all I got for now

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Ben Casey
The Dakotas
77 Sunset Strip
Bourbon St. Beat
Surfside 6
Hawaiian Eye
The Alaskans
The Californians
The Lineup (San Francisco Beat)
Hennessey
Temple Houston
East Side/West Side
The Defenders
The Trials of OBrian
12 O'Clock High

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Unreleased:

T.H.E. Cat (I'm heartened that so many others in this thread have listed this show, too)
WKRP in Cincinnati (done properly)
Terriers
Coronet Blue
Suspicion
Way Out
The Alfred Hitchcock Hour
Panic! / No Warning
Batman
Dragnet (1950s version, official release)
Bus Stop
The Westerner
Amos & Andy
The Immortal (1970)
The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1968, Hanna-Barbera)
Space Giants
Wichita Town
The Dakotas
Klondike / Acapulco
Blue Light
The Man Who Never Was
Decoy (official release)
The Lineup
Shotgun Slade (official release)
Journey to the Unknown (1960s British horror/suspense anthology from Hammer Studios)
Great Ghost Tales
Darkroom
Longstreet
Captain Nice
Raumpatrouille Orion ("Space Patrol Orion", 1960s German sci-fi series)
World of Giants
G.E. True
Ripley's Believe It or Not (1980s version with Jack Palance)
Q.E.D. (a.k.a. "Mastermind")
Science Fiction Theatre (ZIV)
Diana

Continuing/Stalled:

Rawhide: Seasons 7 & 8 (seems likely)
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season 7
One Step Beyond (official CBS/Paramount release): Seasons 2 & 3
Maverick: Seasons 4 & 5 (a foregone conclusion)
The Bob Newhart Show: Seasons 5 & 6 (seems likely)
Mystery Science Theater 3000 (remaining unreleased, which seems to be gradually happening)
Saturday Night Live: Seasons 10 (Crystal, Guest, Shearer, etc) & 12 (Carvey, Hartman, Lovitz, etc)
SCTV (remaining unreleased)
Lupin the Third (remaining unreleased)
Beany & Cecil (remaining unreleased)
Zatoichi: Seasons 2-4
This Is Your Life (another set, with the Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, Joel McCrea, Nat King Cole, Maureen O'Hara, Ida Lupino, Carolyn Jones and Ann-Margret episodes included)

Blu-ray upgrade:

The Avengers (Emma Peel years, remastered + extras)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Outer Limits (60s)-- with my favourite TV series, Twin Peaks, coming to BD likely next year, this is my most-wanted blu-ray upgrade--I'm surprised MGM/Fox hasn't released it, considering TZ and Star Trek are out in HD. MGM released the series on VHS and DVD (twice), so why not blu-ray? Millennium--with Fox working to release X-Files on blu, I'd like to see my favourite Chris Carter show in HD. Unlikely, but one never knows. Sopranos (S2-5)Six Feet UnderThe WireThe AvengersThe SaintUnreleased:BatmanAlfred Hitchcock HourDa Vinci's City HallBomb Girls--fantastic unheralded cable series (Canadian networks are mostly aping formulaic American crime procedurals nowadays, sigh.)Stalled/Continuing:Da Vinci's Inquest Alfred Hitchcock PresentsLess Than KindSCTVBob Newhart ShowOne Step Beyond

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I've enjoyed reading everyone's lists. I can relate to Gary's comments on Page 2 about feeling content with his current collection. Like Gary, many of my favorite shows have now been released either completely or partially, and I've been fortunate to develop a nice collection of shows for my personal library. There are still lots of shows that I hope to see released/continued/resurrected. But in terms of "grail" shows that so far haven't been given a release of at least one season, my list is relatively short:
Grail Shows with No Season Sets or Complete Sets
1. Dragnet (1950s version) - I've only ever seen a few and am mostly familiar with the 60s version, which I enjoy. I know from reading various threads here why we will likely never see an official release, but I still hope that someday things may change. (In the meantime, at least I have the complete 60s series and a set of the radio version.)
2. The George Burns & Gracie Allen Show / The George Burns Show - I'd only ever seen clips of this until Antenna TV started running it a couple of years ago, and now it's among my favorite sitcoms. It's a shame that, aside from some PD discs, there's been nothing officially released for this great long-running series.
3. Chico and the Man - I've got the Favorites disc that was released years ago...still waiting and willing to buy the whole series. Yeah, even the the final year.
4. Harper Valley PTA / Harper Valley - I know it's not exactly a high point in TV comedy, but I like it (and besides...it's Barbara Eden!). I still have my VHS recordings from when TV Land ran it briefly years ago, but I'd still like to see an official release.
5. Batman (the Adam West series) - Yeah, I know...probably never gonna happen.
6. Forever Fernwood - Now that Mary Hartman has been released, this takes its place on my list. I've only seen the 1st episode from when TV Land aired it during a special night of shows one time years ago, but I know that once I finish watching all the episodes on the MH set that I'll want to see this continuation with all of the other characters and how Mary's absence affects everything. Hopefully Shout will be happy enough with MH sales to go ahead and release the Mary-less final season.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Daniel Boone is a terrific show. I bought each of the seasons when they came out and i hope they do re-release them so others can enjoy it. Darby
Talk to Shout/Timeless and they can turn to I believe Camelot Entertainment (Formerly Liberation Entertainment) the current rights holder, or even Fox. I would like to see a re-released S1 set where all B&W episodes are remastered to be pristine looking! I'm watching the S1 OOP set in my spare time whenever I feel lke it.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
oldtvshowbuff said:
Talk to Shout/Timeless and they can turn to I believe Camelot Entertainment (Formerly Liberation Entertainment) the current rights holder, or even Fox. I would like to see a re-released S1 set where all B&W episodes are remastered to be pristine looking! I'm watching the S1 OOP set in my spare time whenever I feel lke it.
I'd absolutely be up for a repurchase of S1 if they were remastered. That was the only real flaw in the Daniel Boone releases. All the color seasons looked fabulous, but the first season episodes needed some work to look really nice on dvd. What makes this even more regrettable for me is that the first season is easily my favorite. So I'm on board with a re-release of S1.

Gary "not holding my breath though" O. :(

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I've been watching the series Storybook International (well, a couple of episodes done, and it's good) and it reminded me of a similar series called Wonderworks. This, like Afterschool/Weekend Specials, would be very high up on my list. I've seen episodes recently here and there (particularly the very good version of Bradbury's "All Summer in a Day", which is one of my favorite things)...what a fantastic addition to my collection that would be. I'm surprised this series hasn't already been released in full on DVD. There's many VHS, a few DVDs.... I really miss this kind of quality TV I watched as a kid. Good to get what is out there... but there's more.

ZOOM. There's a best of out right now and it's excellent. Worth the price for that montage of opening titles, clips, etc. There's whole shows too. Would love more of these. It's similar to YCDTOTV. Or more volumes similar to what they did with Sesame Street Old School.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
For the Crime/Drama genre:- Philip Marlowe (w/Philip Carey)- Dante (w/ Howard Duff)- Richard Diamond (w/ David Janssen)- China Smith (w/ Dan Duryea)- Johnny Midnight (w/ Edmond O'Brien)- New Adventures of Charlie Chan (w/ J. Carrol Naish)- Boston Blackie (w/ Kent Taylor)- Colonel March of Scotland Yard (w/ Boris Karloff)- The Thin Man (w/ Peter Lawford)- Shannon (w/ George Nader)- I Led Three Lives (w/ Richard Carlson)- Follow that man (w/Ralph Bellamy)- Craig Kennedy, Criminologist (w/Donald Woods)- City Detective (w/Rod Cameron)- Tightrope! (w/Mike Connors)- Decoy (w/ Beverly Garland)- Passport to Danger (w/ Cesar Romero)- The Third Man (w/ Michael Rennie), For the Adventure genre:- Ivanhoe (w/ Roger Moore)- Richard the Lionheart (w/ Dermot Walsh)- Captain Gallant of the Foreign Legion (w/ Buster Crabbe)- Captain Midnight (w/ Richard Webb)- The Count of Monte Cristo (w/ George Dolenz) For the Comedy genre:- It's About Time (w Joe E. Ross)- No Time for Sergeants (w/ Sammy Jackson)- Dusty's Trail (w/ Bob Denver)- I Love that Bob (w/ Robert Cummings)- My Hero (w/ Robert Cummings)

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
First, I have to caveat that I don't have the historical knowledge that many here have. So out of the 300+ different TV shows I own I'd have to guess that probably 25% represent are shows I know really well, another 25% are shows I'm familar with, and 50% were complete blind-buys (mostly before my time that I never caught in syndication). Therefore, my potential for having additional grail shows would be more limited then many here (hard to wish for something I never knew existed).

After a bit of thinking, I don't think there are any "must have" shows left on my list that I'm concerned about getting. Thanks to the recent complete series release of the Naked City. In other words, there are still some shows I am still collecting that have not been completely released, but I do not fear that they won't be completed. There are some shows I have a good enough sampling that I can live with, or a good enough alternate copy to keep me happy.

Otherwise, I am content to just finish my collection with more:
- Star Trek TNG, Enterprise, and the inevitable release of Star Trek: DS9 on blu-ray
- More Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Tombstone Territory, and Sugarfoot
- Dr. Kildare.

Anything else I discover along the way is just added gravy to the collection.

- Two that I would enjoy that peaked my interest in small sets that would appear to have a very limited opportunity for continued release are: "Third Man" and "Brenner".

- A formal release of "12 o'Clock High" would be nice.

- Timeless/Shout finally releasing The "Rebel" that has been rumored.

Susan Nunes_329977

Second Unit
Real Name
Susan Nunes
Not series television but two I'd like to see official releases:

The complete CBS network coverage of the JFK assassination (which is being live streamed this weekend)

Complete Secretariat Triple Crown races broadcasts from CBS (bootlegs exist--I have a copy)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm not sure if I've posted earlier in this thread. But on my list would be the Fred Astaire specials
An Evening With …Another Evening With ...
Astaire TimeWhile his widow Robyn holds control, its unlikely we will see them released, but one can hope (and live on the videotapes from the Disney Channel in the 90's).

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Gary OS said:
I'd absolutely be up for a repurchase of S1 if they were remastered. That was the only real flaw in the Daniel Boone releases. All the color seasons looked fabulous, but the first season episodes needed some work to look really nice on dvd. What makes this even more regrettable for me is that the first season is easily my favorite. So I'm on board with a re-release of S1.

Gary "not holding my breath though" O. :(
Oh, BTW, DB actually has a color pilot episode that has never been seen until it was discovered and restored and released by Liberation in a best-of set of DB called Fess' Favorites. I'll have to snap it up from Amazon. Daniel and Rebecca had three children in that pilot and Darby Hinton played Nathaniel, a big surprise to me when I looked it up.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
oldtvshowbuff said:
Oh, BTW, DB actually has a color pilot episode that has never been seen until it was discovered and restored and released by Liberation in a best-of set of DB called Fess' Favorites. I'll have to snap it up from Amazon. Daniel and Rebecca had three children in that pilot and Darby Hinton played Nathaniel, a big surprise to me when I looked it up.
oldtvshowbuff:

I pre-ordered Fess Favorites for the color pilot episode but cancelled my order when i heard that, contrary to the product description, it does not actually contain the color pilot episode. I cannot remember how I heard this but I think it was through email correspondence with either the danielboonetv.com website or liberation entertainment. The Amazon reviews of the item are no help in verifying whether or not it contains the color pilot.

Here is the contact page for danielboonetv.com: http://www.danielboonetv.com/index.php?page=e-mail_list

Darby

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks