What's new

What's Left On Your 70's Want List (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Since Welcome Back Kotter has been announced, I thought I'd see what I had left on my 70's want list. I found out it was surprisingly small:

1) Chico and the Man

2) Maude - Remaining Seasons

3) One Day At A Time - Remainig Seasons

4) WKRP - w/Original Music

5) Paul Lynde Show

6) Bob Crane Show

7) Sirota's Court

8) Lou Grant

9) Trapper John M.D.

Not much really but honestly, I don't see a chance on many of these. Crane, Lynde, Sirota, and WKRP are almost certain no-go's. Maude and Chico are said to have music clearance problems, Trapper John doesn't seem to have enough interest for companies to consider a release, One Day has been tried and obviously sold poorly. The only one of these that likely has a decent shot at this point IMO is Lou Grant. Most likely though, I've probably gotten all the 70's shows that I want that will ever see a proper release.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I'd like to see Barnaby Jones finished off and B.J. and the Bear get an official release.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I think you spoke too soon about WKRP being a "no-go".

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/WKRP-Cincinnati-The-Complete-Series/19780

These are my ten 70s Grail titles, stalled and unreleased

1-Love Boat
2-Fantasy Island
3-Hart To Hart (I consider this a 70s, based on my cutoff date of 1979 debut for a classic series)
4-McCloud
5-Operation Petticoat
6-CPO Sharkey
7-Barnaby Jones
8-Ironside (could also be on a 60s list but the unreleased part is 70s)
9-Love American Style
10-Amazing Spiderman

There are other short-lived 70s titles I'd be glad to see make it as well but those ten would have higher meaning.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
All I'd like to see from the 70's is to have the last two seasons of Cannon, and at least a few more seasons of Barnaby Jones. I have a feeling those are DOA as far as CBS is concerned, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that VEI might work a deal for those two shows once they've finished up with the Equalizer.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
My list:

1. WKRP in Cincinnati - w/original music intact

2. SCTV - the remaining unreleased CBC/Global "Early Years" episodes, as well as the final, Cinemax season (though that was in the 1980s)

3. The Immortal

4. Longstreet

5. Lupin the Third: Second Series - remaining unreleased episodes of the long-running anime

6. Zatoichi: The TV Series - Seasons 2, 3 & 4

7. Kolchak: The Night Stalker - re-released as single-sided discs and/or on Blu, so I can ditch my problematic DVD-18 set.

8. Diana

9. ABC Comedy Hour Presents The Kopykats

10. The Magician

11. Quinn Martin's Tales of the Unexpected

12. Fantastic Journey

13. Cliffhangers!

14. When Havoc Struck - short-run documentary series on famous disasters, hosted by Glenn Ford

--other than these series, the rest would be unreleased Made-for-TV movies like SPECTRE, THE SAVAGE BEES, WHERE HAVE ALL THE PEOPLE GONE?, a decent edition of BIRDS OF PREY, etc.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
More salvage 1The MagicianFantastic journeyEmergency plus fourFar out space nutsThe lost saucerProject UFOHec Ramsey Gemini manJames

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
JamesSmith said:
More salvage 1The MagicianFantastic journeyEmergency plus fourFar out space nutsThe lost saucerProject UFOHec RamseyGemini manJames
Gemini Man is available in Europe I believe.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I saw some titles mentioned I'd forgotten about. I'd love to see The Magician. I caught an episode or two on TV Bland. I've never been more than a casual fan of Cannon but I wouldn't seeing the rest of it considering the Barnaby Jones connection. Another show I'd like to see is The Chicago Teddy Bears. It starred Dean Jones, Jamie Farr and John Banner. I've never saw it but the star power might make it worth a shot.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
My list part two;Manhunter (Ken Howard)Sheriff LoboChicago Teddy BearsCPO SharkeyLongstreetKid powerOsmonds cartoonCliffhangersJthree

cwilli

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cheryl Williams
I wish they would release the third and fourth season of Family. I can't figure out why it has not been released yet as Eight is Enough is already out in its entirety. I guess there is no hope for Donnie and Marie because of music rights issues. I'm happy that I got the two disks that came out several years ago.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I know that most of my list below has a slim to none chance of ever happening, but I'd still like to have them:

Adams of Eagle Creek (This was an Andy Griffith series that only lasted 2 episodes. I've read it was a follow-up series of sorts to a TV movie he made called Winter Kill, which I do have, thanks to Warner Archive.)
Amazing Spider-Man
Angie
Barnaby Jones (the remaining episodes)
Chico and the Man
Emergency +4
Forever Fernwood
Grady (if for no other reason than to see the episode where Fred Sanford makes an appearance)
Here We Go Again
Hot L Baltimore
Maude (the remaining episodes)
One Day at a Time (the remaining episodes)
Room 222 (the remaining episodes)
Salvage 1 (the remaining episodes)
Switch
Temperatures Rising/New Temperatures Rising
The Good Life (Here, I'm referring to the US series; I already have the DVDs of the UK series with the same name.)
The Magician
The New Dick Van Dyke Show

I've probably forgotten something. Note that I also want the rest of Alice, Archie Bunker's Place and Hart to Hart, which all began in the 70s. However, since all remaining unreleased episodes of these 3 are from the 80s, I didn't include them on my list. Nor did I include the 70s TV movies I'd like, restricting my list to series only.

Another show I didn't put on the list is McCloud. I've been holding out hope that a company like VEI might release the rest of the series, or even a complete series set (including the Season 1 shows as they originally aired). I'll probably just end up ordering the Region 4 DVDs, as I did last year for Seasons 5-8 of Ironside.

I also didn't include Welcome Back Kotter and WKRP because of the announcements made this week. (Although I'll admit I'm skeptical about the WKRP release and will wait to read feedback here after it comes out before committing to a purchase.)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'd like to see Green Acres, My Three Sons, and Petticoat Junction finished. All three ran into the 1970's although Petticoat Junction just barely qualifies.

This WKRP announcement hopefully takes care of the big one though and Little House is being redone which takes care of another wish of mine.

Otherwise all I can think of is the single season of Sierra if somehow that defied business logic and popped up someday.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Third time,Hunter (version with Linda Evans)King and IThe Partners (with Don Adams)SunshineSierraAlso curious, but not going to buyMovin OnLove Story (tv series)Paper moonWhatever happened to the class of?Jthree

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
WKRP in Cincinnati (coming)
Barnaby Jones (continue)
The Magician
Cannon (continue)
Serpico
Owen Marshall, Counselor At Law
O'Hara, U.S. Treasury
Sierra
The Immortal
Hec Ramsey
Movin' On
Longstreet
Bronk
Hunter
Griff
Most Wanted
The Name Of The Game
Manhunter
Switch
Police Woman (continue)
Baretta (continue)
Toma
The Rookies (continue)
Thriller (UK) (continue)
Assignment Vienna
Lou Grant
Police Story (continue)
A Man Called Sloane
Fantastic Journey

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
My shows from the 700s would be...

YOUNG MAVERICK

GRADY

PHYLLIS

THE MAGICIAN

SWORD OF JUSTICE

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
To the list I posted above, I wanna add one more (another spin off)

DIRTY SALLY - a short lived spinoff of GUNSMOKE

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks