I worked in fast food for a while when I was in high school. What went on was atrocious. I'll not mention the name of the restaurant, but I will mention some of what happened. I should mention that, not only was this condoned by the managers, most of it was their idea. Rule number one: anything that hit the floor was still servable in some way. So in other words, if your Rally Burger patty accidentally fell off the grill & onto the floor, it would just be picked up, maybe brushed off, and then served to you. Rule number two (possibly even more important than rule number one): Put it in the Rally-Q! This went for just about everything except the actual Rally-Q meat. The way this unnamed restaurant is supposed to make their Rally-Q's is to take some beef, add it to the sauce, then heat it up. This is how all Rally-Q bins start. Unfortunately, the beef is much more expensive than the Rally-Q sauce, which is why we stocked them in a ratio of 20 sauces to every 1 beef. You see, there's always going to be extra. And mistakes. Any extra Rally Burgers? Chop 'em up, throw 'em in the vat, and add a little sauce. Those chicken patties, hot dogs, and yes, even fish patties too old to serve? Chop 'em up, throw 'em in the vat, and add a little sauce. Those nummy Rally Fries been sitting under the heat lamp too long? Chop 'em up, throw 'em in the vat, and add a little sauce. Did that Rally Burger fall under the grill and sit there too long (in other words, too hard to reach in time to make this order)? No problem! Chop it up, throw it in the vat, and add a little sauce. The worst was when the lady took two bites, thought it was underdone, and asked for a fresh burger. We gladly obliged. What did we do with her half eaten Rally Burger, though? Easy! We choped it up, threw it in the vat, and added a little sauce. Keep in mind, returns and whole dropped burgers were always chopped up bun & all, so nothing went to waste. Rule number three: If the person doing the dishes at the end of the night slices their hand open on the vegetable slicer and bleeds profusely into the rinse & wash sinks, DO NOT empty them out and fill them with fresh water! Water costs money, too, you know. This was the one I had the most trouble with. The 16-year-old girl ended up with 15-20 stitches, and bled all over the place. They threatened to fire the guy who took over if he emptied the sinks, like he wanted to do. Rule number four: If an employee wants to take off early because her father is having open-heart surgery after going into cardiac arrest right after she left for work, make her stay the whole shift--even though she's crying the whole time and not able to get anything done--then fire her as soon as the night's over. Luckily for her, this came right after the phone call saying her dad was okay--so at least it wasn't all bad. This is the one that made me get another job and quit the very next day. **I forgot to mention: The reason I bolded and underlined the girl's age in Rule Number Three above (who just happened to be the same girl who was fired in Rule Number Four), is because it's illegal, at least in the state of Ohio, for anyone under 18 to handle slicing machines in a restaurant.