What's new

What's in your fast food? (1 Viewer)

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I worked in fast food for a while when I was in high school. What went on was atrocious. I'll not mention the name of the restaurant, but I will mention some of what happened. I should mention that, not only was this condoned by the managers, most of it was their idea.
Rule number one: anything that hit the floor was still servable in some way. So in other words, if your Rally Burger patty accidentally fell off the grill & onto the floor, it would just be picked up, maybe brushed off, and then served to you.
Rule number two (possibly even more important than rule number one): Put it in the Rally-Q! This went for just about everything except the actual Rally-Q meat. The way this unnamed restaurant is supposed to make their Rally-Q's is to take some beef, add it to the sauce, then heat it up. This is how all Rally-Q bins start. Unfortunately, the beef is much more expensive than the Rally-Q sauce, which is why we stocked them in a ratio of 20 sauces to every 1 beef. You see, there's always going to be extra. And mistakes. Any extra Rally Burgers? Chop 'em up, throw 'em in the vat, and add a little sauce. Those chicken patties, hot dogs, and yes, even fish patties too old to serve? Chop 'em up, throw 'em in the vat, and add a little sauce. Those nummy Rally Fries been sitting under the heat lamp too long? Chop 'em up, throw 'em in the vat, and add a little sauce. Did that Rally Burger fall under the grill and sit there too long (in other words, too hard to reach in time to make this order)? No problem! Chop it up, throw it in the vat, and add a little sauce. The worst was when the lady took two bites, thought it was underdone, and asked for a fresh burger. We gladly obliged. What did we do with her half eaten Rally Burger, though? Easy! We choped it up, threw it in the vat, and added a little sauce. Keep in mind, returns and whole dropped burgers were always chopped up bun & all, so nothing went to waste.
Rule number three: If the person doing the dishes at the end of the night slices their hand open on the vegetable slicer and bleeds profusely into the rinse & wash sinks, DO NOT empty them out and fill them with fresh water! Water costs money, too, you know. This was the one I had the most trouble with. The 16-year-old girl ended up with 15-20 stitches, and bled all over the place. They threatened to fire the guy who took over if he emptied the sinks, like he wanted to do.
Rule number four: If an employee wants to take off early because her father is having open-heart surgery after going into cardiac arrest right after she left for work, make her stay the whole shift--even though she's crying the whole time and not able to get anything done--then fire her as soon as the night's over. Luckily for her, this came right after the phone call saying her dad was okay--so at least it wasn't all bad. This is the one that made me get another job and quit the very next day.
**I forgot to mention: The reason I bolded and underlined the girl's age in Rule Number Three above (who just happened to be the same girl who was fired in Rule Number Four), is because it's illegal, at least in the state of Ohio, for anyone under 18 to handle slicing machines in a restaurant.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Once again, I see this "we should be ashamed of enjoying resources or even DARING to exist on this planet" attitude.
Not from me, you don't! I say, USE EVERYTHING! I firmly believe that we are the tip top of the food chain in every respect: from what we eat to who we (as a people) invade and kill to how we use the planet's resources. And I don't believe in recycling! I believe in single-use! I believe in landfills! (And I'm not being facetious.) I believe in anything that results in less of us in the long run, and I believe that the planet itself has the same idea. Altho I never ever litter, and I don't carve my name in picnic tables or trees, and I don't eat crap, I do believe that everyone else should do both of those things and more en flagrante, post haste, so that we can all be shushed off to the great beyond and this beautiful planet can heal and start over. Which will happen no matter how much strip-mining, elephant-killing, rain-forest-burning and air-polluting (not to mention fast-food-eating) we do.
EAT UP!
...Huh. Maybe this is why I haven't had a date in ages...
MC?

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
What's a Rally-Q?
I'm not entirely sure, as Scott will have to come back and explain that one. But, from what I gather that this device type thing is used to make the Rally burger at the Rally's fastfood place. I've never heard of Rally's but Google points out that there are quite a few Rally's in Ohio so it must be a regional thing. So, I think the gist of it is that all the "extra" food is put into a machine that makes new "burgers" to serve to people.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
The Rally-Q is a burger at Rally's (basically, the same chain as Checkers, but with a different name). It's supposed to be barbecued beef, but in our case it could be anything from barbecued beef, to hot dogs, to chicken, to fish, to buns, to whatever attached itself to the dropped burgers that we dug out from under the grills. And while I never participated in such activity, I know that other, extra ingredients were thrown in from time to time by my coworkers. While the management may not have known about or approved of this, they definitely condoned putting all the other items in there. They instructed us to, and would punish us if we didn't (anything from losing hours to losing your job if you refused). Not surprisingly, none of us ate Rally-Q's on our lunch break.

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
As for DQ, I may re-fry fries..But never pick food up off the ground, or give away bloody food.:frowning:
I may test tast a fry or nugget, If I don't think it's bad, it's good.;)
PS. I wash my hands;) If someone made me food and I found out they were dirty I would "burn down the building"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks