What's in your fast food?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wayne Murphy, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

Samuel Hirsch called ... he wants his lawsuit substantiation back.

2. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

[​IMG] 29 grams of fat in one McD's sausage and egg biscuit!!! Good thing I only eat less than five a year.

3. Tim Abbott

Tim Abbott Second Unit

Tim
    WOW!! I knew the calorie count would be high, but I had no idea what I've been eating....

My usual Burger King meal is almost 1700 calories. No wonder I have been starting to feel fat lately. Time for some major life style decisions.

4. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

C'mon! Are you guys really serious, when you say you didn't know how much fat and calories are in these meals?
    A friend told me about the book Restaurant Confidential. Check out the Cheese Fries and Stuffed Potato Skins!!!
    Todd

5. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

I seriously think I am done with fast food.

6. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

7. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Why should they have to tell you how much fat or calories their food has in their advertising? Nobody else has to.
    A Whopper has 53 grams of fat and almost 800 calories... no wonder it tastes good! [​IMG]
    /Mike

8. Todd Hochard

9. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Wendy's GREAT BIGGIE fries:
    530 calories
    200 calories from fat
    23 fat grams
    450 mg of sodium
    Mmm. Me so hungry.

10. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

I always avoid the fries since no one makes good fries anymore.
    I eat a lot of fast food being single and not cooking
    and like someone else said, fat happens to taste good but at 400 pounds I am living proof what a high carb diet will do for you, especially if you have a job where you sat on your butt all day (Truck Driver 15 years of it)

11. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

Good thing I'm vegetarian(and gave up eating at Restaurants for religious reasons).

12. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

Wow, didn't realize that mayo is really high in fat. Time to give it up from now on.

13. FredHD

FredHD Stunt Coordinator

Myth myth myth myth myth myth myth... A high carbohydrate diet will not make people obese. People make themselves obese. How do I know? I used to weigh 430 lbs. Now I weight 200. I have been eating the so-called "evil" high carb,high fiber, low fat diet for the 2.5 years since I lost all that weight. Not only have I not gained any back, but I have lost weight.
    Eating more calories that you burn makes you fat.

I personally do not eat fast food because it is high processed, high fat and calorie (almost everything at least) crap. That and I am a vegan.

JW

14. Todd Hochard

15. FredHD

FredHD Stunt Coordinator

[q]Then again, I've never met an overweight vegan (one that's been practicing for some time, anyway). Is it even possible???[/q}
    I wasn't vegan when I was big. I've been a vegan for six months, and vegetarian for 1.5 years. I converted after I lost the weight. [​IMG]
    One can be vegan/vegetarian and overweight. Sodas(most) are vegan as are chips, some candy, some cookies, etc.
    Some vegans even eat BK Veggie burgers(they are "99% vegan" when ordered with no mayo and a microwaved patty. The bun also has trace amounts of dairy) There are some lacto-ovo vegetarians that have high cholesterol (some eat significant amounts of eggs and cheese).
    Cheers
    JW

16. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I don't care how much bad fast food is for you, it still tastes great. I just got back into lifting after 4 months off so I will have to cut back on fast food to about 3-4 times a week and get back on a clean diet[​IMG]
    I think I might sue The Golden Nugget in Laughlin for not stopping me from losing $500 at the crap table, they knew I was making bad bets betting on the Field but they didn't stop me! That is exactly what sueing a fast food company is.

17. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

It's 39-cent cheeseburger day at McDonald's [​IMG]
    So let's see ... 6 x cheeseburger + 1 42-oz coke is almost 9 million Joules! w00t! It's hard to pass up when you get over 28 BTUs per penny.

18. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    Large KFC popcorn chicken, 40 grams of fat. However, their BBQ baked beans have only 3 grams of fat.

Here's a slight surprise! Subway's 6" tuna sub, 25 grams of fat. Yet their 6" Subway Melt has only 15 grams of fat. Those extra 10 grams must be the mayo in the tuna salad.

19. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Screenwriter

Just another smoke screen issue. Who cares from the calories when there's the germs, the viruses, the bad sanitation, the SHIT IN THE MEAT...
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...703607-8255825
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...703607-8255825
    Believe me, the fast food places will be happy to post their bad nutrition information, especially if it gets your attention away from the SHIT IN THE MEAT...
    I'm fascinated that there can be a huge recall of a food product, wherein the manufacturer states plainly that they are recalling it because there's SHIT IN IT, and people just seem to blip right over that tidbit and continue buying it. That's just bizarre.
    I'm going home to make some turkey meatloaf to kill my craving for a big juicy burger.
    MC