What's new

What's in your DVD/VHS player today ? (1 Viewer)

MikeAW

Second Unit
For movies I purchased yesterday, and in the to be watched pile....Michael Mann's "Thief" and "Marked For Death".

Last week I viewed "Manhunter" and try to catch A&E's broadcasts of "Crime Story". Mann is truly an original, compelling director who has a distinct style. And it's imprinted on ALL of the production elements. That's very rare today when you can get your DGA card at your local Wal Mart !

Steven Seagal is a Guilty Pleasure that never ceases to entertain. In the past couple of weeks I picked up discounted DVD's of "Under Seige", "Under Seige 2", "Fire Down Below", "Hard To Kill". He has definitely watched his Billy Jack films because he's got it down! He is unashamedly an Action Film entertainer and knows how to deliver it, so when I'm in the mood, I go to him and get my fix! Like I said, Guilty Pleasure !!!!!

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
A VHS copy of Carnival of Souls I rented last night. I had been wanting to see this after hearing about it in the "scariest movie tournament."
Low-budget is one thing, but this film did nothing for me. :thumbsdown:

MikeAW

Second Unit
John,

Please tell us about "Pearl Harbor"...I didn't see it in the theaters.

Thanks...Mike

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
To be watched next is Cats and Dogs. I saw the widescreen edition at Best Buy and just had to support the widescreen format. :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Don't laugh, but "Bridget Jones's Friggin' Diary", which I rented on dvd yesterday for whatsername and forced to watch it again today before I took it back, mercifully only 90mins long, ok ok it was nice, and hmmm I quite fancied Renee Zellweger, yeah I'd give her a shag.:D

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
DVD: My 5-disc changer has a bunch of Chaplin titles. I took advantage of the DVDPlanet sale (and the $25 worth of coupons I won in their pumpkin patch game) to grab all 10 of the soon-to-be-OOP Image Chaplin titles). I started a Chaplin marathon Friday night and just finished my 7th disc (First National Collection, Kid/Dog's Life, Gold Rush, Circus, City Lights, Modern Times, Great Dictator so far).

VHS: My player broke last month, and I haven't bothered to fix it yet (don't use it much except to record an occasional classic or two off TCM).

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
VCR: Family Guy tape (first three episodes of this year)(not summer, another tape)

DVD: Lethal Weapon 1

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Buddy and me had way too much to drink last night.Came home and watched part of "the wall"

I have never done drugs,but it was just as freaky being drunk...even more than sober

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
As soon as I get done here, I'm gonna watch the documentary The Sinister Saga of Making "The Stunt Man". Watched TSM the other day but haven't yet had a chance to view the doc...

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Last night: Weekend at Bernies (DVD):D
Tonight: I'm thinking real hard on watching "Gattica" (DVD)
And maybe, just maybe I was thinking "Real Genius" again(VCR of course because they won't give it to me yet on DVD!)

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Two nights ago in DVD- Lost and Delirious (haven't had time since to watch anything)
This morning on VHS - Jackie Brown -- was doing stuff around the house and I like listening to the dialogue. I WANT IT ON DVD!
Jay

Dave L

Stunt Coordinator
Watched "Places in the Heart" last night. Haven't seen it in about ten years. Much improved transfer over the old LD, and the story and performances hold up as well as I remember. A really lovely story that leaves you feeling good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks