What's Happening

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Antonio_G, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Antonio_G

Antonio_G Stunt Coordinator

I don't see a thread about this so I'm going to start up one. August 23rd is a huge day for me in tv box sets because you have What's Happening: Season 3 (Final Season), Good Times: Season 5 (Janet Jackson started) and That's My Mama: Season 1 & 2 (First Barbershop Show). I'm so excited about the final season of What's Happening because I been waiting after second season for another season to come out and it is. Will Sony release What's Happening Now? Only time will tell...

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I hope so. I haven't seen WHN in a long time, but I enjoyed it as a kid.

3. Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm Stunt Coordinator

I'm also excited for all of these sets. That's My Mama I haven't seen but will most likely blind-buy.

EDIT: I just read the That's My Mama thread, which says that syndication prints were used. Looks like I won't be buying this after all.

4. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

What's Happening is a show that I discovered on DVD, and I am so excited about the possibility of getting the final season, and if they do release What's Happening Now, I'll buy that as well.

5. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Well seasons 1 and 2 have been unedited (except that Doobie or Not Doobie Part 2 removes the part 1 recap), but I am still worried anyway.

6. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

Don't worry about WH S3. It is unedited, just like Good Times S5. Review for WH S3 will come next week.

7. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Phew! I take back some of the things I said about Sony [​IMG]

8. Casey Trowbridg

This is good news, and I just wanted to thank you for the reviews you post at Sitcoms Online, I find them to be very thorough and complete, and have everything I could want in a review.

9. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

Thanks Casey. I want to thank my guys for working very hard on these reviews. We have a team of 5 reviewers that is top notch, I think. A lot of research is being put in, especially lately (for The Cosby Show the reviewer watched syndicated episodes on TBS and timed them frame by frame to the DVD, for Hearts Afire I checked on the music and reported what was intact and what was missing, and finally for That's My Mama and Married...With Children the reviewer had again syndicated stuff to check). Although we are very saddened to report of all these edited material, we feel every fan and customer has a right to know what they are buying. From there, it is your choice.

We usually try to bring the reviews as quick as we can, so I hope everyone likes it, even though it seems this month we are getting a lot of syndicated prints.

10. Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green Supporting Actor

I wouldn't worry about What's Happening Now being released.

If they can release such obscure shows like Tabitha-the Complete Series and That's My Mama, then I'm sure WHN will also be released, too, considering the show is selling well.

11. Antonio_G

This is the first tv box set in my collection that I have never seen because I wasn't birth in the year that What's Happening come on so I did made a great buy...[​IMG]

12. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I'm glad you newcomers are enjoying the show. I grew up with these people and am glad to have done so.

13. Antonio_G

What's Happening is coming to TV Land in November and they will be doing a 48 hour marathon on November 5th and 6th. Now, I'm very happy that What's Happening is coming back to television and I hope they will show What's Happening Now as well...

14. Casey Trowbridg

Hmmm, kind of ironic that by the time What's Happening!!! hits TV land in November, I'll have the entire series run on DVD.

15. Antonio_G

You are not the only one that will have the entire series on DVD....

16. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew

Interesting, as this would require 96 episodes. There are only 65. Either they're going to show 31 of them twice, or they also have the rights to WHNow.

But if/when WHNow comes to DVD, don't be surprised if the episodes are shorter than you expect. It was a first-run syndication show, so the episodes are only 22 minutes to begin with.

17. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

TV Land got What's Happening from The Program Exchange, and they are selling both WH/WHN together. I think TVL will probably air some WHN episodes in the marathon for sure, not too sure about the actual regular run, though.

18. Antonio_G

Since, TV Land always starts marathons on saturday morning at 5:00 a.m. and won't end until the next day. What's Happening Next will be showing in the marathon which is great because I don't remember watching What's Happening Now because it been so long but I can watch it all over again.

19. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

20. Rob FM

Rob FM Second Unit

R