What's new

What's Guy Ritchie Up To? (1 Viewer)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
After watching Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels again this weekend it got me to wondering what Guy Ritchie is working on now? I see IMDB has a movie called Revolver listed for release in 2004, but it dosen't say much about it.

Anyone know anything more about it? Who's going to be starring in it?

Thanks.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
From the IMDb Celebrity News for 13 August 2003

Is Kabbalah Ruining Ritchie?

Guy Ritchie and wife Madonna's obsession with mystical Jewish faith Kabbalah is ruining the British director's Hollywood career, according to film sources. Tinseltown insiders claim the Snatch movie-maker has already blown a deal with Sony Pictures to produce his new movie, Las Vegas crime caper Revolver - because he insisted on packing it with references to the religion. And they fear his dedication to the Kabbalah, whose followers also include Demi Moore and Sandra Bernhard, will leave him on he Hollywood scrapheap. A movie source tells American gossip site Pagesix, "It made Sony very uncomfortable. Kabbalah is seen as a kind of cult in some circles. And no one wanted to be associated with it. Guy's agents told him to rewrite Revolver (without the Kabbalah references) and maybe it would sell. He resisted at first, but when Sony passed and said it would only do the movie with a rewrite he said OK." But according to PageSix, after rewriting the script, Ritchie suddenly fired his agents at William Morris and scrapped the new version. The source adds, "Guy apparently felt he had to be true to his Kabbalah beliefs and not stick with the rewrite. He was apologetic but felt he had to go to Caa - where Madonna's agent (Bryan Lourd) was and where they would support his Kabbalah vision for the movie." Now Hollywood insiders are blaming Madonna for Guy's troubles. Another source tells the site, "She brought Guy into this whole Kabbalah thing. She introduced him to the religion and now he's gone into it even further than she has. It's like she created a monster. Let's not forget she made him do Swept Away, and made (ex-husband) Sean Penn do Shanghai Surprise - another infamous turkey."

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Sad. Really sad. I loved Guy's work.

I think I will tell Vinnie Jones to go knock some sense into him when I see Vinnie this weekend! :D

JoeMKal

Stunt Coordinator
wow, I have more reason to hate Madonna even more now, why can't she just retire from the spotlight and stop trying to be 20 years younger than she is, you kind of had to see this coming though with Swept Away

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks