what's going on with the marilyn manson lineup?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin T, May 29, 2002.

1. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

anybody in the know about this. apparently twiggy is out and kmfdm's tim skold is "replacing". i say "replacing" because i don't know if it's a permanent spot in the line up or what. i hope not because skold was / is awesome with kmfdm but kmfdm will survive with or without him.

kevin t

2. sean_dietz

sean_dietz Agent

From skold.com :
    "Due to my commitment to production on the new Marilyn Manson album
    I will not be a part of the lineup for the upcoming KMFDM tour.
    .tim skold"
    This from the MM site does sound like its a permanent lineup:
    "Although you can never replace a best friend like Twiggy, this album and new lineup will redefine anyone’s idea of what Marilyn Manson is capable of."
    I can't find any info on the KMFDM site, an un offical fan site seem to think that its permanent.
    Sean

3. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
    I thought I read Tim Skold was producing the new Manson record? Where did you hear Twiggy was out?
    Jeff

4. sean_dietz

sean_dietz Agent

Jeff,
    It does look like Tim is helping with production.
    From marilyn manson.com
    Marilyn Manson Reveals New Lineup
    Marilyn Manson moves forward with a dramatic change in style, attitude and personnel by announcing the departure of longtime friend and bassist Twiggy Ramirez.
    “I have spent eight months transforming this band and our new songs into an unstoppable juggernaut, and sadly Twiggy wasn’t able to make himself a part of it,” says Manson. “Unfortunately, I feel that Marilyn Manson, as a lifestyle, is not where his heart is. So I have decided to let him go his own way, otherwise it wouldn’t be fair to us, the music, or especially to the fans. Although you can never replace a best friend like Twiggy, this album and new lineup will redefine anyone’s idea of what Marilyn Manson is capable of.”
    Marilyn Manson, John 5, M.W. Gacy and Ginger Fish are joined by bassist Tim Skold.
    The Golden Age of Grotesque, which is under the production team of Manson, Skold and Ben Grosse is near completion and expected this Fall on Interscope Records.

Sean

5. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Kind of wierd to see Twiggy gone. He has always been a part of Marilyn Manson and I personally like the guys music.

I can't wait to hear the new album. I hope they go with a good "departure" album like Mechanical Animals. I know it drew allot of ire from his fans but I think its on of the groups best.

6. Jereme D

Jereme D Stunt Coordinator

I can't wait for the new CD!

7. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    If you're a fan of Mason's guitarist John 5, check out the DLR Band cd. The stuff he did for David Lee Roth on that album was phenomenal. The dude can seriously shred!

8. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

This SUXORS! Twiggy gone? WTF is going on here?
    I can't imagine MM without Twiggy. He's always been there from the get go back when it was Marilyn Manson and the spooky kids...
    This is very depressing news to me and many other Twiggy fans. KMFDM rocks so I am kind of interested in hearing the new album. I hope Twiggy returns or that maybe he will start a new band, I'm sure with his deep gothic roots he could make a good go of it. I'd buy it just to see whats up.

9. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

eve:

if you get a chance...definitely listen to the new kmfdm album. it's called "attak" and kinda reminds me of the "nihil" album in some ways. i'm seeing kmfdm live (for the third time) on the 12th in new orleans and was bummed to learn that skold would not be touring due to his commitments with manson.

10. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

Interesting. I thought Twiggy was with Manson before they formerd Marilyn Manson. I remember seeing them on TV on an MTV show as part of a guest audience telling everyone the name of thier band. I always assumed Twiggy was with the spooky kids as well. I remember gidget too tho. Yes, you are correct, MM took a turn when Mechanical Animals came out, I do like a few songs off that album but it is not my favorite by any means. Marilyn sent me "AntiChrist Superstar" before the album was even released and I liked that one a great deal. Nothing has come close to rivaling portrait of an American family and AS IMHO, but I still enjoy many of his things. There were a few really kewl songs on HolyWood. Guess I'll have to see what the new album sounds like and hope it has some of the older MM roots. I doubt it will tho... [​IMG]
    So yes, I guess you are correct about Twiggy but it's been so long that he's been around that I kinda just pictured him always being there. But I do remember him being a part of the band or atleast with MM before Portrait of an American family came out because I saw them together. I'll have to listen to the new KMFDM album as well.
    Thanks.

11. Romier S

Romier S Producer

I guess I'm in the minority then. I thought Mechanical Animals was great. Much better in my opinion than Holywood which seemed more like Anti-christ "lite". (though I still thought it was decent). I do agree however that Portrait of an American Family is by far the best. I would love to see a return to their older sound.

Either way I'm looking forward to the new album.

12. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

I'm with Romier. I thought Mechanical Animals was a great release. Portrait and Superstar are my favs as well, but Mechanical is also excellent. Didn't care for Hollywood too much.

-Dean-